Search results

1. P

OP Steelhead Face ESA Listing

You missed my point or are evading the question. Doesn't matter anymore. All that mattered left with the fish. Here we are on a thread concerning ESA listing of steelhead and it has drifted to the snaging of twenty salmon shutting down a fishery and the adasaty to do it with fly tackle.. Sheesh
  2. P

The guy that said steelhead we're jumping all over the place was lying. What makes it stupid? The fact that he was snagging with said consequences or that he was doing so with a so called fly? The best set up to snag stacked up fish is a fly rod and line. The most salmon snagged every fall is...
  3. P

NFR Weird or what ?

So a beer bottle does not meet the definition of volume untill it is capped and the goofy shaped bottle is pretty useless in my mind. you can't fill a flask with liquid without venting displace gas within. Nothing new there. Be possible to fill it with sand. The definition of volume is new to me.
  4. P

An ESA listing has been the goal for the Hoh tribe since at least 2007 when a tribal member revealed this to me. An ESA listing comes with fuck tons of money with no metrics concerning success. Just follow Long fuck the kings. All they do is brag about money on social media. There is absolutely...
  5. P

Any Recommendations for a Roof Mounted Awning?

The Thule brand drives large price's. ARB awnings are great in my humble opinion. Been around lots. Used all day long on your favorite market place also.
  6. P

Lost & Found

Ever find any old dump sites from back in the early days of this once find state. I have found one beach fishing on creek fishing. Fun stuff. My mom actually more time digging them up than I did. She loved the old bottles.
  7. P

Old Broodstock Rainbows? 2/2/2023

Before Larry, I would row my little polliwog pond boat over to the big underwater logs and trick big natural cutthroat into coming out of hiding and eat my PaynSave brown wooly bigger. I would respectfully argue that the glory days were of the time of the man the lake was named after. I have...
  8. P

Old Broodstock Rainbows? 2/2/2023

Sad thing is that lake and others around it could be a treasured preasious wild cutthroat fisheries if it were not for them damn aquarium fish and DNR culverts.
  9. P

NFR Battery powered chainsaw(s)?

No kidding batt powered sawz all,grinder and I saw Ryobi now has a batt bolt cutter made getting drugs all that much easier.
  10. P

NFR Battery powered chainsaw(s)?

Tree service that dropped a bunch for me here ran a couple of the Husky batt saws. The guys that are doing some work next to the job site we're up in the trees with one. I could justify the price if it's making me money but not for just in case. You really learn to appreciate how quiet they are...
  11. P

Cell Coverage Question

I carried a Samsung flip phone from Verizon up untill last September. I washed and dried it one too many times. Loved the phone but Verizon got tired of my 3g ass and kicked my pet phone to the curb anyway. They sent me a new toy flip phone which I returned. Verizon had the best network on the...
  12. P

NFR Bird Watching for Beginners?

Grandma would only feed the birds during the winter said they were better off fending for themselves when times were good. They are shy and they blend in with the Robins and they often feed underneath the brush out of site. Fun stuff. Now that I know what they look like I see more of them...
  13. P

Spring is just around the corner the funnest time to hang with the birds. It's not to late for bird houses. Have fun!
  14. P

I have an old copy of that book given to me by my grandmother. For years we would hear the call of the varied thrush coming from the woods behind the house but we never could identify it. One morning while reading the paper in the morning,at the front window with a magical view of Mt Rainier one...
  15. P

I have an old fashioned photo of it set up on the upper Sol Duc. You pretty well described what it was but the sides folded down to close to the ground. What I can not remember is what I did when I closed the hatch at night if I did. I engineered something but I do not remember. I was a kid...
  16. P

Can you stand up under tarp awning deployed from the roof of a Suby? Thirty years ago I fished out of a couple different early eighties wagons and I found the rear hatch was where all the action was. I built a custom rack that had two 6 inch pipes for rods and a special homemade tarp that...
  17. P

Fishing and camping with dogs?

There used to be an old boy I would run into fishing the Dosewalip for steelhead that had two beagles. He had a radio collar on one of them and more than once I would be on the way off the river and find him chasing that dog around in his old beat up Ranchero. I will always remember him because...
  18. P

Fishing and camping with dogs?

Have had fishing and camping dogs for thirty years. Lab and two poodles miniature and currently a standard. All raised from pups. I wish I had video of her, the first time we visited my favorite beaver ponds out on the canal. For most people a poodle would be a terrible water dog but my wife...
  19. P

Fishing related adventures you are looking forward to in 2023...

To fish the Wonder mountain wilderness area since it is in my back yard now.