Search results

1. Wade Rivers

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

Seems like some lakes get named in Trip Reports whilst others are merely hinted at... What's the standard PNWFF community guidelines on naming the lake?
  2. Wade Rivers

Anyone using a shallow water pole anchor?

I've seen a few boats with the manual "power pole" that you jam in the bottom. Anyone using one? Curious about the logistics of use and ease of deployment. I fish a lot of shallow Central Oregon lakes and have a small driftboat/pram and a 16 ft aluminum lake boat. Thnx
  3. Wade Rivers

Chronies look too dark. Your preferred coating?

Battling thru some shack nasties and trying to remember what chromonomonids I'll want to have for this summer. Decided to add some brown patterns to the quiver but they look too dark, almost black, after coating with UV or super glue. Kinda the same problem when trying green also. I'm using...
  4. Wade Rivers

Lami s-glass on Ebay

I have several and love the old s-glass rods from Lamiglas. If your looking for a 6wt check out Ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=lamiglas+s-glass+fly+rod&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=lamiglas+s-glass&_osacat=0
  5. Wade Rivers

Merry Fishmas!

6. Wade Rivers

The McKenzie drift boat

Nice article about the history of the drift boat. I used to live in Eugene, and these characters still loom large in the fishing community. https://www.fishalaskamagazine.com/drift-boats-the-iconic-mckenzie-river-drift-boat/ Design-made as a river-taming fish-worthy vessel that dates back to...
  7. Wade Rivers

Line for casting large gurglers, poppers, mice, etc?

I do a striper trip every June and have been fishing pretty big gurglers and poppers. I also hope to go to Alaska some day and try wogs and mouse patterns. My striper rod is a stiff 9 weight Sage and throwing those gurglers in the wind was a chore. Do I need a bass bug taper? What type of...
  8. Wade Rivers

Tying Technique question: Anti-fouling tails on buggers

I've been adding a short mono loop off the back of some of my buggers and bunny flies. It kinda props up the base of the tail and helps cut down on tail wrap hassles. I've heard tell of people using a pin reversed out the back to extend the body back behind the hook bend...kinda like a reverse...
  9. Wade Rivers

Drano Lake advice?

Never been there but plan to fish next week. I have a pram so that should help. Anyone have any advice on lines, presentation, retrieve and fly patterns? Will have an intermediate on a 7 wt and a 9 wt. Thankee much
  10. Wade Rivers

Methow: lost net

A friend of a friend lost a net on the Methow. Please let me know if anyone found a Fishknat net.
  11. Wade Rivers

Need advice on front anchor for driftboat

I bought a front anchor system to mount on my old Slide-rite. The thing seems to fit well but I need advice on where to reinforce the fiberglass. Once I get the holes drilled and the bolts run thru, should I reinforce the front outside fiberglass? Is a washer enough or do I need something...
  12. Wade Rivers

Jackson Hole...

...actually no one there sez "Jackson Hole". My son lives in Jackson, WY and the fam got together for some fun adventures in Teton NP and nearby. Included were a float trip on the Snake right in Teton NP. Amazing scenery and rather meager catching. My son working a big dry. I also got in a...
  13. Wade Rivers

Tying desk clean up.

Before.... I was starting to lose stuff on the desk After a painful process...
  14. Wade Rivers

Intermediate/clear camo lake lines?

1st: Is there a thread on this subject already? I did a search but didn't find it. My old camo line came apart this year so I went with the Cortland Clear camo at a modest price. There's a lot to like about this line, but the memory coils are irritating and I don't like the lack of...
  15. Wade Rivers

Seems like euro jigs are tied wrong side up

/rant Doesn't it seem like the jig style euronymphs are tied upside down? When fished, the wingcase ends up on the bottom or the black spot on the head of a perdigon isn't on top. I guess it doesn't matter, but it seems like the wing case should be on the gape side of the hook. /endrant
  16. Wade Rivers

Technology bulletin board/chat/message board question

This community seems pretty tech savvy, so I hope it's ok I ask a question only distantly related to flyfishing. My fly club needs a free website to set up a private club-only bulletin board just like this one. We slog thru stupidly long email threads with acres of wasted text. I've used...
  17. Wade Rivers

Registration required for small boats with electric motors? What a waste of money

I see friends with personal pontoon boats hanging boards on the side to hold the registration numbers. This is dumb and expensive. When I put a small electric on my pram I had to do the whole stupid registration process and pay a bunch of yearly fees? Why? I'm not suddenly driving a...