Search results

1. WonkyWapiti

Orvis sling pack

I've enjoyed this wisdom of many on this site so it's may time for me to pay it forward. I ended up going with a different pack and would like this to go to someone that could use it. I live in SE King CO but travel up to Shoreline for work. I"ll be heading to CDA, ID this weekend, so could...
  2. WonkyWapiti

Red Truck Diesel Spey question

Well I went to the F3T showing last night at the Blue Mouse in Tacoma sponsored by the Gig Harbor Fly Shop and the Steelhead Coalition. Thanks to everyone that helped in making it a great event. So if archery, muzzleloading, and fly fishing aren't enough of my sicknesses I've wanted to try my...
  3. WonkyWapiti

Red's Trout Spey Clave anyong going?

https://redsflyfishing.com/pages/trout-spey-clave I can't remember if I originally saw this posted here somewhere and couldn't find it with a search so I'm posting this up. I just got my roof top tent this week and I took a couple days off from work this weekend so I am gonna go check out...
  4. WonkyWapiti

Looking for advice, bucket list trip, Chilean Patagonia

I have been presented with an amazing opportunity to undertake a bucket list trip within the next one to two years. I am looking at a fly fishing trip to Patagonia on the Chile side. I've picked up a couple of books on the area and have been perusing the Yellow Dog site. For anyone who has...
  5. WonkyWapiti

Wyoming and Montana in early July

I got back last week and have just now gotten around to this trip report. I traveled to the Cody area just before the Fourth of July with a buddy. We stayed with a friend in the area. Here are some photos of portions of my epic trip. We spent an entire day touring the Buffalo BIll Center of...
  6. WonkyWapiti

Sun and Snow

The wife and I came back about a week ago from a trip to Wyoming. The trip was more of a getaway than a fishing trip but I did end up attempting some fishing. I say attempting because conditions weren't always conducive to fly fishing but I sure had fun and was able to forget about all my...
  7. WonkyWapiti

Catchercraft Freestone questions

The Catchercraft Freestone has really caught my eye. I like the idea of being able to pack it in the back of my short bed Tacoma that has a canopy. I've recently added a River Quiver to the roof and may add other gear up there so travelling across multi states with my pontoon isn't going to...
  8. WonkyWapiti

Greybull River, WY

I'm heading out to Wyoming in a week and will be hitting the Sheridan and greater Cody areas with the wife. I booked a cabin on the Greybull near Meeteetse for a few days and after double checking the regs to make sure what's open, I'm hoping to get a little fishing in. I'll be hitting North...