Search results

1. Matt Paluch

NFR Possible Lower Latitude Aurora's this weekend

The first of 7 CMEs has already hit. Tonight, tomorrow, and possibly the day after could be quite a show. Here's a picture from aurora that happened without as positive a forecast as we currently have.
  2. Matt Paluch

Another Hatchery Fail

Exactly. Also, 1 million fry would likely show a noticeable dip in adult returns, but not that noticeable depending on the fishery.
  3. Matt Paluch

Second fishing trip in my new truck

The fish are super shallow, so I went with unweighted simi-seal with a pheasant rump collar. Light olive has generally been the best color for me, but black and dark red are usually good too. I might hit the south end on Sunday.
  4. Matt Paluch

So that is one thing that I'll mention is kind of a hassle. The windshield is so big that I have to use a 2 piece sun shade. The glass roof for the rear seat came with a sun shade that fits nicely. It's not that big of a deal, but I only use the sun shade for the windshield when it will be...
  5. Matt Paluch

That one looks amazing! You're making me jealous!
  6. Matt Paluch

The funny thing about that is even if the accelerator gets stuck at full-throttle, all you have to do is step on the brake - it overrides the accelerator and stops the motors and the truck. Having said that, mine has already been fixed. GM had a sale hold and recall for the roofs of their...
  7. Matt Paluch

The funny thing about negative comments is that they all happen online. Everyone I meet in public has been really nice and wants to check it out. I don't really care about negative comments online. I respond to them, but it doesn't affect me.
  8. Matt Paluch

Great quote!
  9. Matt Paluch

Is that what you see when you drive past gas stations full of people filling up?
  10. Matt Paluch

I've been saying I'm buying one for 4 years now. Seems like just about everyone in Moses Lake has seen me driving it. I'm coaching baseball, and I drove it for the kids truck parade last weekend.
  11. Matt Paluch

I think the old Chevy's would be crying about how bad their descendants are. My last 2 pickups were Silverados, and I had to replace the transmission 5 times between the two of them. Neither one made it to 300,000 miles, one didn't make it to 200,000. While my new truck is ugly, it drives way...
  12. Matt Paluch

I needed a break yesterday and decided to head out fishing. It's always a good feeling taking a new truck out on it's first few trips, but the constant attention my new truck gets made this trip even more memorable - primarily because I had the place to myself and I could just relax. The...
  13. Matt Paluch

NFR Anyone leasing solar?

My brother-in-law had a horrible experience trying to sell his house with solar panels he leased in Portland. We purchased the panels on my roof, and that has been a great experience. I'd check to see if whoever is leasing the panels would be willing to sell them to you instead of transferring...
  14. Matt Paluch

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

That's something that probably sounds good to say out loud, but isn't really the way it works. One could say that the government of the United States is it's people, since we elect our government from the citizens of our country. However, the land is definitely owned by the government - unless...
  15. Matt Paluch

I've already given examples of revenue the government receives that did not originate with taxes. Royalties and fees received from the use of public land and federal waters did not originate with taxpayers unless taxpayers money was used to purchase the land.
  16. Matt Paluch

Just because you believe that, doesn't make it so. The government gets revenue from many things that aren't taxpayer dollars. You should read up on it.
  17. Matt Paluch

Subsidies come in many shapes and sizes. They aren't always funded by taxes. Many people jump to conclusions when they hear the word "subsidized." One example is offshore and public land oil development. The government owns a lot of land. If an oil company wants to drill, they can apply for...
  18. Matt Paluch

He talked about systemic change and how to make a difference advocating for that instead of individual level purity tests. Did you watch the video?
  19. Matt Paluch

What you described is exactly what happens. It's generally not reported in the news - because it's boring. There are always public hearings and debate about proposals prior to any money being awarded. I understand where you're going, here. It isn't true that all we can do collectively is...