Search results

1. Flymph

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

Turn on a tennis light at night and watch the flock of Nighthawks decend upon the insects that are drawn to the light. Town to the east of us named Nighthawk and I wonder why. Great insect predators!
  2. Flymph

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

OK, it's going to take 60 - 100 years to establish a sustainable population. Who on this forum will still be alive or physically able to hack into the bush for a "rare" encounter with brother bruin in 60 years? All this of course if recovery even works, crazies don't kill them off before they...
  3. Flymph

Brian, with all due respect; why are you not afraid to fish/camp amongst a large population of black bears which statistically, are far more dangerous to humans?
  4. Flymph

I understand your discontent with the Fed. We battled the Army Corp of Engineers and FERC to stall and eventually stop the construction of a Dam on our local river. We had lots of help from many different organizations. In the end it was the local people who turned the tide in our favor...
  5. Flymph

Wouldn't an answer from NCE in your favor prove both of you points?
  6. Flymph

If you are sincere about asking this question there is a contact provided "Contact: NCE Grizzly Bear Team" Before you accuse people of lacking forethought and/or spending "tons" of money maybe you should hear them out.
  7. Flymph

Second fishing trip in my new truck

Matt, so glad to see you pulled the trigger on this rig. I think laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to maintenance, upkeep, and no more carcinogenic fill-ups, will waaaaaay overcome any ugly comments! Keep us posted on you infrastructure availability on trips, please.
  8. Flymph

NFR They weren’t kidding auto insurance

The Insurance mega-complex is one of the biggest corporate greed outfits on the planet. As mentioned earlier, shop around "every year" and ask for discounts they won't tell you about. During the pandemic they raked in billions while fewer were not driving and less accidents. They sent me a...
  9. Flymph

Inches away from no cougar season

You're responding to my post? It seems more like you are responding to yourself because nothing you said relates to my post.
  10. Flymph

Inches away from no cougar season

Animal rights idiots! By the very nature of coming to this forum makes you an animal rights "idiot". Every person on this forum seeks to preserve clean, cold, water habitats because for some reason steelhead can't vote for themselves. I think you mean predator rights activists which I am...
  11. Flymph

River Rights ... Again

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-ima-sj&ei=UTF-8&hsimp=yhs-sj&hspart=ima&p=and+the+sign+said+1970s+song+youtube&type=ff_q3050_A2HDI_set_bfrq#id=1&vid=5c2c5f1e2c7924db8f9d76779c345c5d&action=click Anyone remember the "Shoreline Management Act"?
  12. Flymph

NFR A government proposal to kill a half-million owls

Always intrigued by those who say we are not producing enough oil when the US is the 4th largest exporter. Does this make "cents'?
  13. Flymph

NFR A government proposal to kill a half-million owls

Ever wonder how much methane 500,000 owl farts produce?? All that renewable energy in peril. Evil, pure evil!
  14. Flymph

SFR We knew this was coming, right???

Yea, maybe so. But!!! mine is not covered by "Mass" pollution.:rolleyes:
  15. Flymph

SFR We knew this was coming, right???

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/climate-lab/wa-declares-statewide-drought-emergency-following-poor-snowpack/
  16. Flymph

What are you listening to?

Last night's Billy Joel's "100th" brought back so many memories! "I am an innocent man" has always been a favorite. Great back-up group and always a great sound treat from MSG in New York City!
  17. Flymph

Blast from the past

These, in size 12, some gink, and "game on" back in the 70s. Did not need or want to fish emergers when fish eagerly slammed down these big Humpies. Back then the Calibaetis hatch did not start until mid to late June. Back then it was not uncommon to see a late snow fall in combination with a...
  18. 1713145804818.png

1713145804818.png

19. Flymph

Go to lake fly?

Chickabou feathers tied tip first from rear to front. No need for body material unless you want to experiment. You can purchase the more expensive "Brahma" hen from Whiting at the "Feather Emporium" ($23). Or, cheapskate it like I have from Amazon. Color schemes are unlimited. And yes, the...