Search results

1. B

What are you watching?

A bit off topic- I was fortunate to see Nolan pitch a few times when he was with the Angels. Couple of one hitters, a three hitter…and a thirteen hitter (he was shellacked). Did see a no-hitter…but it was Clyde Wright…in 1970.
  2. B

NFR Best and worst Xmas songs

“I’ll Be Home For Christmas” is on my list. After my dad passed away, I got a letter from an older distant cousin. She recalled as one of her early memories singing that song a bunch of times with dad when she was 4yo in Chicago…Christmas 1943…before he shipped out with the Army to Europe in...
  3. B

What are you watching?

Started watching this recently. Wife and I both like it.
  4. B

What are you watching?

Recently watched a Korean series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” on Netflix. Thought it was very good.
  5. B

Giveaway time (Seahawk contest)!

Russ 256 Geno 192
  6. B

Your "Go To" salmon recipes...

Almost exclusively use the Traeger for salmon. Excellent flavor. If not the Traeger, we use a cedar plank (soaked in water for an hour or more) which works well too. Traeger at 300 degrees for 15-25 minutes depending on thickness. Not sure about the cedar plank…my wife does that version...
  7. B

NFR College Football 2022

Indeed, Fresno State will be a real test for the Trojans. We Trojan fans are anxious about that game. My guess is that SC goes 8-4 or 9-3 this year. Playing the Rice Owls in the Coliseum tomorrow. Expected to be 100 degrees at kickoff.
  8. B

1944, least we forget…

My Dad also arrived about a week later…D-Day plus 6. 2nd Division…Indian Head. Also served Korea and Vietnam.
  9. B

NFR How's the housing market where you live?

In Seattle’s U-District the forecast is for an additional 10,000 plus people to live there in the next 10 years. Zoning changes (building height and more) plus light rail access ( 2 stops plus the one near Husky stadium) have made this possible. Some new high rises have been built and opened...
  10. B

NFR How's the housing market where you live?

UBS put out a good discussion of stagflation a few weeks ago. In it they reviewed the 1970’s and Nixon’s part in helping cause it. Their view is that we do not have stagflation at this point. There is a good video…but it is almost 20 minutes long.
  11. B

Best piece of gear I own!!

I have a similar product from a competitor…MSR. Without that, I’m sure my wife would not go camping again. She needs her morning coffee…and fast!
  12. B

Go! Sounders

Great win! I’m still stunned that a 16yo played in the match at all…let alone for most of it.
  13. B

NFR Twitter

T. Boone Pickens was quite successful using these tactics on a variety of companies over several decades.
  14. B

Other Hobbies?

This thread is awesome! It has more twists and turns than Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride!
  15. B

Other Hobbies?

Pulling weeds…aka farmers art!
  16. B

Suncadia mid-July

Some members of my wife’s family are getting together at Suncadia mid-July for a couple of days. She booked a condo for us yesterday. I know the Cle Elum River runs nearby. How is the access for wading? I gather it may be a steep climb but am not sure. Is it worth bringing gear?
  17. B

Other Hobbies?

Daily walks/ hikes Smoking salmon/ various meats Gardening…watching grass grow Reading Many years ago I was a private pilot. Loved it but took too much time to stay current. Expensive too.
  18. B

Why is Pass Lake still closed

It’s been months since drove by the lake. But, from reading these posts it appears that other than closing the parking area, nothing has been done to address the problem. Including fixing any leaks in the pipe. Is the sinkhole getting slightly larger every day?
  19. B

NFR Humor

This reminded me of a saying my late dad had…”I never saw someone running that had a smile on their face”.
  20. B

NFR What Are You Reading

Just finished “Fall of Giants” by Ken Follett. Covers the WWI period. This is the 4th Follett novel I have read and all have been outstanding. I learn a lot of historical details in his books.