Who has one, and how do I get one?
  2. Hogsnatcher

What's in your vise?

Will purple work?
  3. IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

4. Hogsnatcher

Run Etiquette

At the very least tell Hickman to go pound sand.
  5. Hogsnatcher

What's your fishing rig?

Is that Page Springs by chance?
  6. Hogsnatcher

Contemplating a Tacoma outfit…

Yeah, at age 58 with a bad back a rig with ease of entry/exit is paramount. I did some tent camping on BigD this summer and swear that now I am done with sleeping on the ground like a filthy animal….while others seemingly enjoying the comfort of a crank up slide in camper (ATC, Fleet). ..I...
  7. Hogsnatcher

Contemplating a Tacoma outfit…

Thinking a Tacoma with a light weight slide in retractable camper and my DB might be “the rig for me” for my sojourns to MT/ID. What are you guys using for this sort of thing?
  8. Hogsnatcher

It’s here!

Holy moly Bob. Multipler?
  9. Hogsnatcher

Wanted Hardy Marquis salmon #3, or 4” wide clicker.

I guess I forgot to check. I’m sorry. I’ll look in the morning
  10. Hogsnatcher

Wanted Hardy Marquis salmon #3, or 4” wide clicker.

I might. Let me check
  11. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Well, here are the mini meats that I came up with to simulate juvenile Brown troots. Large fry. WILL they pull giant brown pigs…who knows!
  12. 14F2A70A-58E6-45C8-AD43-43C4CDE0F59C.jpeg

14F2A70A-58E6-45C8-AD43-43C4CDE0F59C.jpeg

13. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Yes! This is what I’m talking about. Son! Even a modest sized Brown pig greedily consumes its own. Beautiful.
  14. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Oohh yes the JJ Special - a proven pig puller. Ive never fished it much but this definitely seems to be a WB that simulates a juvenile Brown trout. I may need to get on the vise and pump some out, though I would make some minor changes to allow for them to be fished on swing with a Scandi...
  15. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

These are all good suggestions. Thank you. I never fish lakes and am usually swinging the lowly WB through a juicy meat bucket in a river somewhere on western tail waters. I WANT to believe that at some point giant Brown pigs become cannibalistic and eat their own. Does anyone here have...
  16. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Often I wonder if color matters. Seems like some days they chase…and other days they do not. I’d LIKE to believe that, like with the dry fly, color matters if even for the lowly WB. Son!
  17. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

The hook has to hold a true pig. My hooks are good and meaty- but not too meaty as to prevent easy penetration. I wish the selection was better for straight eye hooks as they fish better on swing.
  18. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Deadly. I think that may be the same recipe as the “original” Wooly Bugger
  19. Hogsnatcher

Favorite Wooly Bugger..?

Curious what the MT and ID guys like for a favorite Wooly Bugger. I like swinging flies and find that WB’s are among my favorite. And, I wonder if a you guys have a favorite Baby Brown WB pattern.
  20. Hogsnatcher

Wanted 4wt Trout Spey

I have that rod in the 3wt and it fishes best with a 300 grn Scandi, 270 grn Skagit. Would imagine the 4wt might need a bit heavier …350?