Search results

1. G

Clear Lake Yakima County

O
  2. G

3 Days on the Yak!

3. G

Stillwater indicator watchers: What's your approach?

Oh yes not only rise to strike indicators. A friend and I were fishing at Chopaka decided to go ashore for a lunch break, having munched on a coup!e of pistachio nuts , threw a nut shell on the water and saw a nice rainbow rise to attack. You never know.
  4. G

Flying Ants - the flies you don't need until you do.

Had a wonderful afternoon on Slough creek in the park a few years ago. Water came alive when the flying ants hit the water. My buddy came prepared with his version saved the day.
  5. G

Anchor system

Interested to know how everyone does their anchor for small boats, john boats etc. Keeping the anchor lines from being a mess.
  6. G

Truly “PNW Fly Fishing Old Timers” quiz

Boy does that bring back memories. My dad always used those polar bear flies when we trolled off the mouth of the Dewatta river on Hoods canal in the 1950s. Man we caught some great silvers then. Sometimes trolled so fast the flys would skip out of the water.
  7. G

Truly “PNW Fly Fishing Old Timers” quiz

I remember Ben Paris , had one of his fishing books from the 1940s. Also was in the downtown Warshal's store in the 6os. I bought my first sage rpl at the Avid angler on Roosevelt way about 115th ne. Tiny shop at that time the late 1970s. Still use the rpl.