Search results

1. R

Non-Fly Jig Twitching - What you all doin!?

Check out last Saturdays episode of Outdoor GPS. They had a lot of information about twitching a guide who is famous for it supposedly.
  2. R

Winston rods at Costco..whodda thunk

They are not, but they are great shirts and shorts for $20. The shirts even have the eyeglass cleaner on the bottom like the ones from Orvis do.
  3. R

NFR Hurricane Ridge Lodge

Used to ski there with my scout troop 45 years ago.
  4. R

Grundens Waders?

Got mine yesterday. A little baggy to get the foot size right, but very well made, Can't wait to try them out.
  5. R

Grundens Waders?

Back in stock. Just ordered. Looks like that code does not work for the cheaper set.
  6. R

Grundens Waders?

Just went to order and they are out of stock.
  7. R

fly tyers meeting (Albany Fly Tiers Expo March 10-11)

My condolences. I bought my first fly fishing set up from Mark when he had his shop in Vancouver.
  8. R

Durable Waders

A local fishing show did a segment on High N Dry waders this weekend. Made by commercial oyster farmers. Kind of clunky looking. https://www.hndoutdoors.com/product/stockingfoot-waders/
  9. R

Fiberglass Project

Anyone else see a diving raptor in the wood on the first picture?
  10. R

Merrill Lake

My wife and I paddled/fished Merrill on Monday. The helicopters started making water runs pretty early in the morning. I was surprised to hear about the accident, but when we were only a couple hundred yards away when they started coming in I told my wife we could be in trouble if something goes...
  11. R

Chena River Arctic Grayling

My wife and I took two weeks to see our son who is serving in the army at Fort Wainwright in Fairbanks Alaska. We made a couple of trips to the North Fork Chena River for grayling. This was the best (and last) fish of the trip. we tried a lot of different flies, but they seemed to like the...
  12. image0(2).jpeg

image0(2).jpeg

13. R

Awesome Dogs of PNW

This is Moose meeting his new big brother Buddy yesterday.
  14. Buddy and Moose.jpg

Buddy and Moose.jpg

15. R

How about some bass by-catch...

Caught by my son dragging a twin tail grub in the channel behind Reed Is. in Washugal.
  16. R

Lakes of Mt. St. Helens

In 2012 Weyerhauser sold the property containing the Margaret high lakes area. It was locked up tight with no access the last time I was in the area. Not sure if that's still the case though. Really pissed off a lot of people (myself included) when it happened.
  17. R

New UL Spinning Reel

Thanks guys. I couldn't find one of those two, but I did find an Ultegra 1000. I took it down to the lake this afternoon and the combo casts great.
  18. R

New UL Spinning Reel

Anyone have experience with the Shimano Stratic FL and Vanford in the 1000 size? I picked up a new high end UL rod at the sportsmans show yesterday and have pretty much decided on one othe these two.
  19. R

Awesome Dogs of PNW

We're on our third Brittany and every one of them has done this.
  20. R

Let's see your flotilla😀

Did you have the paint stripped? I like the unpainted aluminum, but I only see green offered on the web site.