Search results

1. S

Sage Sonic Spey rods

I have the 7136 and have about 10 days on it. Paired with a 510 rage and 10ft 96gr tip it is my most enjoyable casting setup when my timing is working out. I also used the 525 skagit on a few runs and it is great. I am coming from a z axis 8134 and before that an orvis clearwater 7130. It seems...
  2. S

Big Fish Flies

I could definitely get some use out of these and can drive down from seattle area if they aren’t already claimed. Let me know!
  3. S

FS A couple of reels and some lines

Pm sent regarding the orvis hydros sl
  4. S

What's in your vise?

That looks like a great carp fly. If you are willing to share could you tell me what material that body is made from? And what chenille is used for the tail? My pink chenille looks a bit bright when I tie this pattern and yours looks just right. It all goes really well together. Thanks!
  5. S

Holiday Lake Fly Assortment

Please add me into the drawing. These look great. I have been considering a trip to pyramid lake and was just reading about a technique of using a heavy streamer dragged along the bottom followed by a foam beetle. I guess that is similiar to how people fish boobies but something I have never...
  6. S

My dad wants to take me fishing. Looking for guide recommendations.

Thank you all very much for the recommendations. I passed them on to my dad so we will see what works with lining up everyones schedules with the openings these guides have. This will be my first guide experience and this takes out a lot of uncertainty/worry so thank you.
  7. S

Hello! Yep I graduated and right after the Subaru blew the headgasket... so I missed out on some swinging and just wasn’t able to fish in general. I am back now though! Probably will be fishing elsewhere this spring but might come out a few days if it opens so pack your headlamps haha. Thanks...
  8. S

Very true. I have just spent so much time on those river it would feel a little silly to pay to go fishing there. But if there is a great coho guide that could be the best option currently.
  9. S

Looking to do something this fall. So something oct-dec would probably be best. If there is a decent captain to take us out for some coho that would be ideal. I think my uncle would be pretty happy with some fish in his freezer. Not sure what the opportunities are for that though with the...
  10. S

Excellent point. Shows my lack of boat experience outside of a small 2 man raft. I also think I would be the only one that wanted to fly cast. We are hoping to be in one boat just because the goal is time spent together more than anything. If anyone has a recommendation for a 4 person guide...
  11. S

Hello, My Dad is trying to set up a day of fishing for me, my cousin and uncle. 4 people total. 2 of us live in seattle and 2 in vancouver bc. We were thinking of sturgeon fishing on the fraiser but were quoted $450 a person which seems a little high. I looked into Nick Clayton’s guide service...
  12. S

Pontoon ?s

https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/state-summary/state/WA/ This is a great place to start. Start with something class 1 but know that moving water is deadly no matter the rating. I also watched a bunch of these https://www.youtube.com/c/GearGarageTV videos to kinda get an idea of...