Search results

1. A

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

Gulper Special. Similar to a parachute Adams but slightly different color. I use it as something else to try when the fish are picky.
  2. A

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

I remember reading about someone catching a walleye in Lake WA some years back. Hopefully whoever dumped the pike and walleye in there didn't dump enough of them to become established
  3. A

Garmin Striker Questions

Thanks for the good advice. I will see if that helps. I don't think it is the down rigger counter that's off. I have two of them, different brands and they both read similar depths. I believe that the transducer is reasonably parallel to the water. Its the exact same setup I used with my old...
  4. A

Garmin Striker Questions

It is on my 14' aluminum boat. I have down riggers on the boat and checked the depth by lowering the down riggers until I hit bottom in about 100 feet of water. I'm using the electric trolling motor mount for the transducer. Instead of mounting it on my trolling motor I have it mounted on an L-...
  5. A

Garmin Striker Questions

I replaced my 30 year old Hummingbird FF with a Garmin Stryker last spring. The depth readings it gives me are way off. I need to spend some time troubleshooting. My Hummingbird was very accurate.
  6. A

UV Resin

Nice tip
  7. A

UV Resin

Thanks for the advise.
  8. A

UV Resin

I have not ever used it, don't know much about the different kinds available, but have been thinking of giving it a try. The uv lights vary in price a lot, like 14 to 75 bucks. What's difference. Are the higher priced lights worth the cost?
  9. A

Been a long time…

Its tough losing a good friend. My condolences.
  10. A

NFR Storage Sheds

One advantage of building your own is you can make it the exact size you want.
  11. A

Great Garage sale scores

I also caught many a nice trout on these back in the day
  12. A

Watercraft Recommendations for Puget Sound/Hood Canal?

A good all around fishing boat is a 14' aluminum boat with small outboard. It is relatively low cost and lets you cover way more water than a canoe or kayak. I have a 14er I have had for over 30 years and have fished in the sound with it a lot. It's also great for ponds and lakes. It's easy to...
  13. A

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

If all of the barred owls in my neighborhood in Kirkland were killed off I don't believe that would benefit spotted owls.
  14. A

NFR Help me kill my lawn

If the yard is fenced, just buy or borrow some chickens. At my house, a dozen chickens took a lush green lawn down to bare dirt over an area of roughly 600-700 SF in about two weeks.
  15. A

NFR The Lazy Ballerina

Love the ambiance. Good for you two going for it.
  16. A

??? World record Bull Trout Oregon???

I agree. Idaho already does it.
  17. A

NFR Humor

I peed on his driveway while passing through eastern Oregon in 1984.
  18. A

Winter Subalpine Hike

I fine day indeed.
  19. A

N. Idaho

Nice photos
  20. A

What plants, weeds and/or trees do you hate and why?

Blackberries. The western WA landscape would be so different without them. Nettles are another plant I'm not too fond of, but they are a distant second. I'll never plant another wisteria. After wrestling with one for 20+ years I finally cut ours down, but the memory lingers. It is still sending...