Search results

1. Dragon Mo

Intermediate camo lines

Ive got the Cortland clear camo in 4, 5, & 6 wt. It's by far my favorite line for lake fishing with no issues.
  2. Dragon Mo

SFR Cold Water Canoe Capsizing - Near Fatal Event -

Several years ago, in early May, I capsized an 8 foot jon boat in Coldwater lake. I pulled the cord on my inflatable vest and made it to shore. I always wear the vest now, in a boat or a float tube. And no cotton clothing. I was hypothermic but the synthetics did dry out once I made the bank...
  3. Dragon Mo

NFR Humor

You noticed the thumb? I didn't notice the thumb. I don't feel so out of it now. :cool:
  4. Dragon Mo

NFR Humor

Not sure about the rod(s), much less so about the reel setup. HEY! Wait one darn tootin minute... why am I even noticing the rods and reel? DANG! must be gittin old...
  5. Dragon Mo

vices?

Currently I'm using a Mongoose. Prior to that I had a Dyna King Barracuda which I came to hate and despise. Before that an original Regal which I liked but no rotary function. The Mongoose just plain works, especially after lubing it with some silicone grease. I do lust after the Renzetti Master...
  6. Dragon Mo

Flies you've taken OUT of your rotation.

Oh hell... Way too many, way too many. Every time I get this cockeyed notion in my head that I'm somehow gifted in fooling the wily trout and decide to create a new fly to slay and fillet the viscous fishes reality rears her nay saying head and bites me in the nether regions. Yougcth! Don't even...
  7. Dragon Mo

Another Winter Project - Phillipson 7-1/2' 5 wt "MF76L" aka "Two-Toned Casting Machine"

Now, that's a kick! I like it! I've got a rod that the builder claimed to have been made from a shortened 7' 70's Phillipson rod kit. It's 6' and as I recall it has a Phillipson ferrule and translucent glass in one or both sections. I'd have to dig it out to refresh my memory. Very nice with a 4...
  8. Dragon Mo

Taking down animals

You ain't seen no heavier Bigfoot activity than Bigfoot's lonely daughter, especially when you're wearing a brown hat, brown vest, and neoprenes... I ran as fast as I could, lept over three foot fallen timber, climbed the tallest tree I could find. Did you know Bigfoots can climb trees? Oh, the...
  9. Dragon Mo

Taking down animals

I used to fish the streams in the Dark Divide in the Gifford Pinchot. Best Bigfoot territory in Washington. I know whats out there. I could take Bigfoot, no problemo, any time , any day... But not his daughter, oh no no no no, not his daughter! No no no no no...
  10. Dragon Mo

anyone using this emerger line?

I've used a Teeny Invisi-Tip for several years. It has a 3 clear tip section. I don't use it very often as an intermediate line or floating line with a long fluoro leader does the trick in most cases. I'd say just rig your multifly leaders as you normally do.
  11. Dragon Mo

NFR What Are You Drinking?

CINCPAC... the cocktail Chester Nimitz used to serve to his staff...
  12. Dragon Mo

Strange, Weird, Funny Border crossings

This was about 1980 or so. I bought a VW Westphalia camper from Riviera Motors in Portland and took delivery in Antwerp where I had friends. We were supposed to travel around together but when I arrived, they were initiating divorce proceedings. I decided to drive to Salzburg where I knew an...
  13. Dragon Mo

Lithium jumpstarter powerpack

I keep one in every vehicle I own. Saved my bacon several times. (2016 Outbacks have parasitic battery drain issues along with charging issues)
  14. Dragon Mo

Christmas (Holiday) Dinner - poll

Hate Turkey, love ham, love clams more.. this year I believe my wife has planned prime rib.
  15. Dragon Mo

Sharpes Guide problem

You could try to epoxy it (JB Weld), but I’m not sure how long that would hold up. There is a lot of flex action around the guides as you well know. You could have a jeweler re-solder it, but you’d need to remove the guide from the rod, remove the agate from its carrier, re-solder the carrier...
  16. Dragon Mo

Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

Back issues of the National Fish Enquirer, no doubt...
  17. Dragon Mo

Holiday Fly Tying Contest ~ Stay Salty!

Oldy Moldy Golden Gasser - out of the past and gone with a flash!
  18. 1700600100707.jpeg

1700600100707.jpeg

19. Dragon Mo

Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

pics or it didn't happen! :sneaky: