Search results

1. S

We Got These Caddis Comin' In!

Thank you Taxon!
  2. S

We Got These Caddis Comin' In!

These seem to be abundant right now on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Any idea the species name. They're about an inch long or a little bit longer.
  3. S

Bucktail

There's a serious shortage of bucktails at the moment. Wapsi, which are mostly crap, have little in their large tails, which are maybe only 12 inches. All I've been getting at the shop are mostly mediums. I wouldn't hesitate buying anything at your local shop that's good quality right now.
  4. S

Can You Name This Invertebrate

Horse hair worm or properly, nematomorpha.
  5. S

Awesome Dogs of PNW

Wendel get belly rub he be like:
  6. S

Awesome Dogs of PNW

This is Roo the new shop dog.
  7. S

NFR 500 Year Old Tree Falls

Seems pretty senseless. Trees like that are part of the landscape for more than human beings and homes to many things. What was the point?
  8. S

ancient aliens

I love this!! I have a B vise, an A Ultra and a Thompson bobbin. Thanks for posting.
  9. S

Things you know now that you wish you did back then

1. Keep your secret spots secret. 2. Never get angry when some idiot shows you the depths of his rudeness, or the shallowness of his genetic pool. Always remember why you're there and focus on that. Someone who's acting like a fool has been rehearsing for the role all his life. 3. Mentor youth...
  10. S

We Got These Shad Comin' In

I saw a few in the Fraser River net fisheries in the early 80s.
  11. S

And we prove too often Matt to be the worst part of it.
  12. S

Why do humans mess with nature? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nwnewsnetwork.org/2021-12-13/will-a-shad-horde-take-over-the-columbia-river%3f_amp=true
  13. S

What's NOT catching you fish, but definitely SHOULD be catching you fish?

Thanks a lot clarkman. Posting all the flies I tie that haven't worked would only make me more depressed.
  14. S

Gel Spun Poly Recommendations

Another vote for Nano silk. Semperfli has a 30/0 20 denier. Haven't tried it yet because I can't see it!