Search results

1. adamcu280

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

Yeah, we're all hypocrites, so let's get past that cop-out and look at some of the issues we're facing and how we, as "outdoorsy" folks, can work together instead of tearing each other down. I'm proud of my friends for putting themselves out there in this movie. The imagery is mostly...
  2. adamcu280

FS/T Echo Stillwater 6100-4 10' 6wt and Redington Predator 696-4 6wt

Echo Stillwater 6100-4 10' 6wt. I took the plastic off the cork and fished it for ~20 minutes but that's it. $240 Redington Predator 696-4 9'6" 6wt. This has been fished a handful of times but hasn't been out of the tube in a couple years. $150 I'd trade either for an 8wt Boost Blue or...
  3. adamcu280

WTT NWT Echo Boost Blue 6 for 8

I grabbed this from the CCC fundraiser and then took stock of the many 6wts (including a boost blue) I already own. N+1 or something like that. Anyone have a Boost Blue 8wt (or something similar) they’d like to trade?
  4. adamcu280

Snow Shred Season 23/24

I got out for a shakedown tour today at the Great Northern Dead End and had a wonderful time! There was snow on the ground, friends all over the place, and I didn't hit any rocks. Who else is gearing up for snow season?
  5. adamcu280

Ken Balcomb - Center for Whale Research RIP

Ken Balcomb, the founder of the Center for Whale Research passed away this morning. He was 82. He's been a champion for Southern Resident killer whales, and the salmon that they need to survive, since 1976. He's also the reason I moved to Washington straight out of high school to try my hand...
  6. adamcu280

NFR The Demon River - Hakai Institute long-form piece on the flooding a year ago today.

It's the one year anniversary of the costliest natural disaster in BC history and Hakai Institute just published a long-form piece. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I figured some folks here might be interested. https://hakai.org/the-demon-river/ What a difference a year makes. Edit...
  7. adamcu280

Southern Vancouver Island beach fishing

Just got to the island and I'll be cruising around Victoria and west, as well as the Gulf Islands, for the next week or so. Got my 6 and 8, floating and intermediate, and looking for src and/or coho. I'm going to the local fly shop when it opens but if anyone has any beta they want to share I'd...
  8. adamcu280

Surf casting fun photos

Far more waves were caught than fish but these photos from Freya are pretty fun. No more pro photographer with me this time but the rods and boards are back in action for the next week. https://www.instagram.com/p/Chp99QVPYOH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  9. adamcu280

NFR Two tickets to "An Evening with Bruce Dickinson" Moore Theatre Seattle March 6

If this is too "NFR" feel free to delete. I heard Iron Maiden in the background of one of @Nick Clayton's YouTube videos so I figure it's fair game. ;) I've got two tickets to see An Evening with Bruce Dickinson on March 6 at the Moore Theatre in Seattle that I'm unable to use. Main floor...
  10. adamcu280

Kayak/Pontoon boat PFD recommendations?

It's time to finally update my ancient hand-me-down PFD so I'm looking for some recommendations. I'd prefer to stay with a non-inflatable one. Does anyone have a particular brand/model they like/dislike?