Search results

1. B

Fly rod for Chinook?

I'm sure this has been addressed previously, but thought I'd get an update. What fly rods are folks recommending/using for Chinook fishing? Some recommendations I've read are for a 9wt or 10wt 9' single hand. Others, including Jay Nicholas, like using a Spey rod because of their length and...
  2. B

Oregon Fishing Club?

My wife and I are considering joining the Oregon Fishing Club. Almost did it a number of years ago, but didn't. I'd appreciate any insights from current or recently-current members. PMs welcome. Thank you. Cheers, Bryan
  3. B

Rooftop "Rear Boat Loader"?

I've seen them in Canada multiple times, but rarely in the U.S. Anyone have any experience with a motorized auto loading Rear Boat Loader as shown in these pictures? Note: These are made by two different companies in British Columbia. There was a company in Portland that made these, but I...
  4. B

Nehalem Bay: Summer Run and early Fall Run Salmon?

I realize it may not be the optimal technique, but has anyone been fly fishing for Salmon in the lower Nehalem Bay (e.g. from Fishery Point to the jetty entrance) during the Summer Chinook Run or the early Fall Runs (Chinook and Coho)? On the incoming tides, lots of salt water gets pushed...
  5. B

Smallmouth Bass flies: Hook sizes?

For those of you who fly fish the Columbia River and its tributaries for Smallmouth Bass, what hook size(s) do you use the most for your flies? I know the gear guys are throwing some pretty big stuff and catching some big bass. I recently read Pat Cohen's Super Flies: The Hows and Whys of...