Search results

1. M_D

Merwin Day of Fishing for kids with disabilities

I read the article about last year’s event. Very cool. Outings like that recharge one’s soul…at least I think so. I also believe we touch other people’s lives in unknown ways…so good on you…who knows what sort of impact you’ll have in a kid’s life 👍
  2. M_D

No fish were harmed for this report

I was out in Vermont for the last month giving my sister a well deserved break from assisting our aging father who's slipping into dementia. I brought some fly tying and fishing gear along, intending to get a little fishing in and I thought I'd share the experience. Two days after my wife and...
  3. M_D

NFR Humor

Too funny! A college roommate of mine was from Rice Lake, WI….the video nails it 🤪
  4. M_D

Vermont Info

Great minds think a like! I was just checking out their website and saw as of Feb 28 people were fishing the rivers and having fun. Guess I’ll be giving the shop a call to get current info…yay👍
  5. M_D

Vermont Info

Thursday morning I fly out to the Land of Zak to help out with an aging parent. I'll be out there for nearly a month in order to give my sister a break. I'm telling myself I'll have at least one free day per week and/or a couple hours per day here and there. I will be in the area of Stowe...
  6. M_D

FS Ives's Crusin Casa-any interest in this?

Thread drift….here ya go Ive….ideas for your new van. You’re an inspiration at 90👍 You seem like the kinda guy who needs a big screen TV in the mix 😏
  7. M_D

NFR Humor

8. M_D

Taking down animals

Man that brings back memories! We’d watch Guy on a Buffalo occasionally before heading out for the day 😁
  9. M_D

NFR What Are You Reading

I thought it was a good read on a bunch of different levels
  10. M_D

NFR Shit Oh Dear

Picked it up from my wife (who grew up in a small town in northern Montana) and her family. It was a favorite of her parents (who would have been in their late 90's today). After using it one day at work, a much younger co-worker asked my wife, 'did you just say someone shit a deer?'....it...
  11. M_D

NFR Shit Oh Dear

Ha! I never knew that music had a title…just thought it was a Bennie Hill or V for Vendetta British humor kinda thing
  12. M_D

NFR Shit Oh Dear

13. M_D

What's in your vise?

disregard…found the info
  14. M_D

What's in your vise?

what do you use for the head?
  15. M_D

What's in your vise?

Why spend $6 on a little piece of foam from Hareline when you can spend 10 times more on a nifty set of plastic spring loaded clips that do the same thing. Sheese, this IS fly tying after all.....c'mon guys ;) https://www.edsflyshop.com/magic-tool-clip-set-regular-marc-petitjean-fly-tying/...
  16. M_D

Basic Survival Skills for a Flyfisherman Just Learning to Swim

I’ve been to at least two autopsies of people who sat on their PFD on a flat calm day. I’ve also waited with family and friends for over a day while SAR worked to recover the body. It changes one’s opinion
  17. M_D

Decked truck bed drawer system

I know nothing about the Deck system so what I'm about to share might be meaningless....that said, we used the TruckVault system in a number of our patrol vehicles and had the Extendobed system in our two F250 CSI Trucks. Probably got the Extendobeds in 2015 or 2017 when we were running those...
  18. M_D

Basic Survival Skills for a Flyfisherman Just Learning to Swim

Lots of good advice being shared....here's what I have to add.... First, in addition to 'knowing your limits' is to be aware of your 'triggers' (for lack of a better descriptor)....meaning I know at the end of the day when I'm tired, hungry, dehydrated, whatever, I am more likely to take higher...
  19. M_D

2024 Skagit Steelhead

we’re not supposed to do that? What’s the worst that could happen?🤔