Search results

1. Breck

Kalama River Shuttle?

Happy Friday, folks! Does anyone know of a number to call for a shuttle on the Kalama? Please & thanks. -Breck
  2. Breck

Knocked A Whitetail Buck Down Today.

More Spoone & Crockpot than Boone & Crockett, but I’ll take it. It was -1 degrees here in NW Montana when I stepped out of my truck. 226 yd shot and I dropped him like a sack of wet monkey shit. He didn’t take a single step. Dead before he hit the deck. Used my lady’s grandpa’s old Mauser .270...
  3. Breck

SOLD Redington Behemoth 4/5 Reel & Spare Spool OD Green.

Up for grabs is a very gently used Redington Behemoth reel & spare spool. Size 4/5. OD Green finish. Comes with original spool box, spool bag, and Velcro reel pouch. No line or backing. Everything is in great shape. There are some very slight wear marks on the reel frame, but really not...
  4. Breck

ECHO EPR 9’ 10-Weight or ECHO Musky 8’ 8” 11-Weight For MT Pike?

Hi friends, I’ve narrowed it down to these two rods for NW Montana pike. Your experienced input would be appreciated as to which choice I should make. Going to be tossing giant flies on Stillwater from my Clackacraft Fly Bench drift boat. I already have reels to handle the job. Many...
  5. Breck

SOLD Allen Xa 8100-4 Rod and Allen Alpha II 7/8 Reel. Price Dropped. $225

Up for sale is a gently used Allen Xa 10’ 8-weight in good condition. The cork shows usual dirt & wear, but otherwise, there isn’t a mark on it. It comes with the factory tube and sock, but the tube was run over by my drift boat trailer (the rod wasn’t in it at the time) and the inner hard...
  6. Breck

SOLD Cabelas Three Forks 590-2 & Hendrix Outdoors HO1 5/6 Reel. $80.

I have a Cabelas Three Forks 9’, 5-weight, 2-piece rod with Cabelas rod tube and a Hendrix Outdoors HO1 5/6 machined aluminum, disc drag fly reel with pouch. Both are in very good condition. This would be a great starter setup or loaner/backup setup. $80+Shipping (prob $15-$20 CONUS). *fly line...
  7. Breck

SOLD Ross Rhythm R2 and Ross Flywater 2 Reels. Both for $150.

Hello all, Up for sale is a pair of Ross fly reels. I’d like to sell them together. These would be great for someone starting out fly fishing. Both reels are sized for 5 or 6 weight lines and both will come with their original pouches. I think $150 for the pair shipped (CONUS) is a fair price...
  8. Breck

Piscifun Fly Reels?

Piscifun Sword ‖ Fly Fishing Reel Lighter Weight with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8(Black, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKK7GL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AWH9QP56JFS6HMKVNZNV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Hi folks, I’m curious about these reels. Machined aluminum and it appears...
  9. Breck

WTT Simms G4 12-13 (non zippered) XXL waders for a comparable pair in XL 12-13.

Hi folks, Over the past few years, I’ve lost over 100 lbs. My G4s are just too cartoonishly big on me now. I’m still a little stocky (I’m just a big guy) and a L will fit, but an XL will allow for more layering. I wear a size 12 shoe, so the 12-13 bootie is a must. My XXL G4s are in great...
  10. Breck

Wanted Allen Trout II Spare Spool.

Hi folks, Title says it all. Color unimportant, but bonus points for orange or gunmetal. Thanks!
  11. Breck

Floating Line For Pike?

Spent most of last Spring, Summer, and Fall trying to figure out pike on the fly. Heaviest rods I have are 8-weights and I have had varied success using them with full sinking lines for pike here in the lakes of NW Montana. Casting big flies hasn't really been an issue. I've noticed that...
  12. Breck

Balanced Leech Methods?

A lake very close to my house has huge populations of big cutties and grayling. Just after ice off in the Spring, the lake hosts lots of anglers in various types of watercraft who come in droves to fish for both the grayling and trout using balanced leeches under indicators. I tried my luck...
  13. Breck

Does Montana Count As "PNW"?

Hi folks, Many of you may remember me from the WFF site. I moved to WA from UT, where I was born & raised back in 2000. I loved WA and its rich bounty of outdoor recreation. In recent years, I saw the state devolve in many ways and realized that it really wasn't the place for me anymore. I took...