Search results

1. Kenneth Yong

Got any bird pics?

Simply outstanding, Steve, the whole series! Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth
  2. Kenneth Yong

A wet, windy week at Patagonian BaseCamp, Chile in mid-March

E.P.I.C. I'm going to bed now, knowing I'll wake up tomorrow with an adventure to follow. Can't wait! Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth
  3. Kenneth Yong

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

A "top ten day" is serious business, well done dad! Happy Easter all, Kenneth
  4. Kenneth Yong

Goodbye, Aunt S

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences, and RIP Aunt S. Kenneth
  5. Kenneth Yong

Kiritimati (aka Christmas Island) Report - Sunset Horizon Lodge and Korean Wreck

That would be my best guess too (Epinephelus macrospilos), a juvenile one, judging from the brown spots with lighter halo, heavily spotted tail (rounded?) with a white margin. Another really tasty fish, we would bottom fish for them with strips of Skipjack skin, then throw them on a coconut...
  6. Kenneth Yong

Kiritimati (aka Christmas Island) Report - Sunset Horizon Lodge and Korean Wreck

That there is a Humpback Red Snapper (Lutjanus gibbus). Really tasty, I often had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the same day. Ciguatera be damned. Oh, to be young and fearless again. Kenneth
  7. Kenneth Yong

NFR Got any mammal pictures

Amazing shot. As dynamic as a still image will ever get, I don't think you could've done better even if you tried. Two thumbs way up! Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth
  8. Kenneth Yong

Christmas (Holiday) Dinner - poll

To answer, yes, "freshwater" eel (Anguilla anguilla), although they spend much of their lives in the Sargasso Sea. Truth is, any eel sold at market today will be farmed. We're not doing it this year, my sister-in-law's husband just passed away yesterday, so we're having a pared down Christmas...
  9. Kenneth Yong

Christmas (Holiday) Dinner - poll

Strictly fish here in Central Italy, from the starter to the pasta to the main and all else in between. My duty over the last 15 years has been to choose, behead, cut up, and roast to perfection, an eel, rigorously live before prep, usually between 3-4 lbs, bigger if I can find one, which is...
  10. Kenneth Yong

NFR Humor

27/28! Didn't have MySpace. But I'm only 56! Am I old? Walk to the TV, turn it on. Tune, and if that doesn't work, bang on, the TV to get a "better picture", then get excited when the show is in color. Walk back to the TV to change the channel. Nowadays my kids talk to the TV to get stuff...
  11. Kenneth Yong

What do I have here?

It's a rod for people who want it all -- fly and/or spin, hence the double ratings 💪. Notice the spinning-reel rings on the cork seat 👍. EDIT: Oops, just saw @Dragon Mo's post about it being a fly/spin rod :rolleyes:.
  12. Kenneth Yong

NFR First new TV in 15 years.... dang!

This. Can't emphasize enough the importance of good cables. As the I.T. Administrator, I'm also responsible for all the various A/V setups at work. Over short distances of up to 50', we rely on HDMI cables to carry 4K signals of up to 120Hz. Over longer distances, we use the HDBaseT...
  13. Kenneth Yong

Feels like the first time!

Congratulations all around -- health, fish, positive outlook on life, and, above, all, granddaughter. Planning to spoil her rotten :)? All the best, Kenneth
  14. Kenneth Yong

Birthday Bow

Happy Birthday, great way to celebrate!
  15. Kenneth Yong

NFR Names for Upcoming Kiddo

Heartiest Congratulations! I'll throw "Benedetta" (Blessed) and "Beatrice" (She who brings happiness) into the pot. Kenneth
  16. Kenneth Yong

Us Admins appreciate you all and hope you feel the same way! (donation drive)

Done and dusted! All the hard work really appreciated. Thanks much, Kenneth
  17. Kenneth Yong

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Heartiest congratulations to your and your family, Coach! Kenneth
  18. Kenneth Yong

Baja Madness 2023....Pt. 1 (DIY recon...mostly)

I'm staying tuned! Looks like this is going to turn out to be a most worthy ADE (ref: After DimeBrite Era Gabon Report) TR. Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth
  19. Kenneth Yong

Memorial Day Weekend--A Week Late

This is absolutely my favorite kind of report - kid/s having a wonderful time in the great outdoors with dad and mom. Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth
  20. Kenneth Yong

Daughter's Personal Best Trout

Well done, Emma and Emma's dad! Thanks much for sharing, Kenneth