Search results

1. CRequa

Rod options for kids

Come to find out i left my 3 boys spinning rods in Utah at my buddies house, figure now is the time to get them started on a fly rod. They are 11,9 and 7, 7 year old catches on quick. What set ups would anyone recommend on here to get them started, have a recently acquired Jon boat so i cam keep...
  2. CRequa

How many cigs did it take?

My oldest son just scored this fly/ spinning combo from a buddy that was moving for free, kind of interesting.
  3. CRequa

Smallie flies

Lost over half my tying stuff in the move and there aint but one part time shop out here that closes before i get off, but between stripping down old flies, hobby lobby and dick sporting goods i managed a few to take to the river, the trusty foam froggy, a couple a crawdad attempts and not sure...
  4. CRequa

Question

Hunting smallies was slow on the river today, i was fishing a new stretch and came to the last pool, i cast in only about 10 ft gave the googly eye a little pop, this pool was fairly clear and i seen a big one nonchalant like come check out my frog, i gave it a tiny pop and i watched the Brute...
  5. CRequa

Rio predator fly line

Is anyone fishing this line? Thinking of spending the 99$ to throw it on my sage vxp 890 4 to throw poppers, was wondering what everyone thought of pairing the two
  6. CRequa

Rooster and hen

So i have a rooster and some hens, and they have some great color lol, does anyone on here have a prefered method of skinning and preserving the skin to use the feathers for tying? Bonus question: i see lots a roosters of different colors and feather patterns on marketplace farm groups for...
  7. CRequa

Little river next to mi casa

Been gettin out searching the local waters and while i was searching for brookies i found a good smallie fishery 5 minutes from my house, chantrells are in abundance just not the brookies but I'll take it, my first smallmouth man do they hit thought i was snagged on a rock, smallmouth in the...
  8. CRequa

So it begins

Taught the boys to cast so they can explore the waters of Maine with me while we are still here and they cannot get enough, they are using gear since i wanted it to be easier and quicker to get them addicted to the tug, plus the waters we have been fishing so far have been pretty challenging to...
  9. CRequa

Splicing line

So ive used different knots in the past, now i have turned to a 3 twist surgeon to speed things up since im spending more time helping my 6,8 and 10 yr olds with their gear and getting far fewer chances to get my own line wet, all worth it i love gettin them in to fish as much or more, just...