Search results

1. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake road access

Due to many years of fishing this wonderful lake, I have grown a deep passion for it. I remember the years as a little kid of driving from Ripplebrook. But because of the devastating wildfires, the road from Ripplebrook was locked away and the only way was from Timothy. This alternate route...
  2. Oliver.Luedtke

Gales Creek Fishing Report

I have herd my grandpa mention this creek by name once or twice in the past. This past Sunday I decided to check it out. I started off my day at the Pacific Arboretum. It's a dirt pull over on the side of highway with enough room to fit one car parked parallel with the road. I would keep nothing...
  3. Oliver.Luedtke

Kilchis River

I fished the Kilchis river on Sunday November 12th. As soon as I got there, about 15 bank anglers were on one side of the shore and about 10 on the other side. My goal was to swing some flies for Chum salmon. People did not want me near them because I was the only fly fisherman. I fished for...
  4. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake

The last time I fished at Harriet lake was in the third week of July. All I caught were hatchery rainbows, no brook, cutthroat, or browns. My question is, has anyone been fishing there recently? Have you caught anything but a rainbow this year? Most importantly, is it worth my time going there...
  5. Oliver.Luedtke

Vintage Fly Rod

I was looking in my grandpas garage and stumbled across a very old canvas rod case. I pulled it out of the corner and brushed the dust off. It is a very old Montague Sunbeam bamboo fly rod and is in very nice condition. It has no information about the rod besides the Montague Sunbeam sticker and...
  6. Oliver.Luedtke

Cool Fish Pictures

7. Oliver.Luedtke

Gear Information

What is the oldest piece of gear you use when fly fishing?
  8. Oliver.Luedtke

Oregon Golden Trout

I know its a shot in the dark but has anyone heard of Golden Trout residing in oregon. I was searching around and found that they might be found in the Eagle Cap wilderness but this is one area of the state ive not been to yet. I have been to many fly shops and they all say that they have heard...
  9. Oliver.Luedtke

Herman Creek

Has anyone fished and Lagoon and Creek called Herman Creek recently down by the gorge? I was there last in late October, and I was wondering if anyone has fished there recently. Are there early Summer Steelhead or Spring Chinook in the creek or the lagoon? Please let me know.
  10. Oliver.Luedtke

Wahtum Lake (Mt. Hood)

Has anyone fished Wahtum Lake on the north side of Mt.Hood? I have heard stories from a family friend, who claimed to have caught many brook trout at this small lake. Has the snow melted enough to drive there? Has anyone fished it recently or in the past? I would love to hear some information...
  11. Oliver.Luedtke

Lost Lake (Mt. Hood)

Lost Lake opened this past Wednesday, May 3rd, and I plan on fly fish from a float tube this coming Sunday. I have never fished it before, but I hear that Rainbow, Brook, Brown, Cutthroat Trout, and Kokanee Salomon are in the lake. I am looking for some information about the like from people who...
  12. Oliver.Luedtke

Lost Lake (Nehalem)

Has anyone been to Lost Lake (Nehalem) recently? It says online that it was been stocked with trout three times in the past one and a half months. I was there in early January, and had no luck but saw fish jumping though. Is it true that in the winter it’s stocked with excess winter steelhead? I...