Search results

1. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake road access

You’re right. I would love to fish Harriet right now, if not for the fires.
  2. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake road access

Due to many years of fishing this wonderful lake, I have grown a deep passion for it. I remember the years as a little kid of driving from Ripplebrook. But because of the devastating wildfires, the road from Ripplebrook was locked away and the only way was from Timothy. This alternate route...
  3. Oliver.Luedtke

2024 Fishing Aspirations

1. Learn how to fish the upper Clackamas river for trout 2. Challenge myself to learn euro nymphing 3. Catch one bull trout
  4. Oliver.Luedtke

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

I just fished the Kalama today. After beginners hole, I fished every pullout until the gate. One difficulty, was most of the river is private property or a straight cliff. This makes access really hard. I tried everything for a trout. Euro, indicator, streamer, dry dropper, and dry. Nothing...
  5. Oliver.Luedtke

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

From what I have seen and heard, there are some resident cutthroat populations on the Kalama river. Although they are few and far between. There is a higher chance of catching one, the closer you get to the gate and the more remote you get. I was talking to one guy on the river while steelhead...
  6. Oliver.Luedtke

Kalama River Shuttle?

Any luck?
  7. Oliver.Luedtke

Kalama River Shuttle?

At some point there was a shuttle service at Mahaffey's. The phone number was (360) - 673 3867. I don't know if it's still around, but it would not hurt to give them a call.
  8. Oliver.Luedtke

Gales Creek Fishing Report

I was happy to leave. Probably will never go back.
  9. Oliver.Luedtke

Gales Creek Fishing Report

I have herd my grandpa mention this creek by name once or twice in the past. This past Sunday I decided to check it out. I started off my day at the Pacific Arboretum. It's a dirt pull over on the side of highway with enough room to fit one car parked parallel with the road. I would keep nothing...
  10. Oliver.Luedtke

Kilchis River

I fished the Kilchis river on Sunday November 12th. As soon as I got there, about 15 bank anglers were on one side of the shore and about 10 on the other side. My goal was to swing some flies for Chum salmon. People did not want me near them because I was the only fly fisherman. I fished for...
  11. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake

Harriet Lake Fishing Report: I arrived at 7:30 AM. There was little to no wind on the lakes surface and in the surrounding areas. When I arrived, there was only one bank angler besides myself. There was a small caddisfly hatch happening on the east side of the lake, but there were fish jumping...
  12. Oliver.Luedtke

Harriet Lake

The last time I fished at Harriet lake was in the third week of July. All I caught were hatchery rainbows, no brook, cutthroat, or browns. My question is, has anyone been fishing there recently? Have you caught anything but a rainbow this year? Most importantly, is it worth my time going there...
  13. Oliver.Luedtke

Vintage Fly Rod

Would I be able to catch a salmon or steelhead this summer on a 6wt - 7wt bamboo fly rod? Or would it easily break the rod. Am I better off using my 8wt performance rod?
  14. Oliver.Luedtke

Vintage Fly Rod

I was looking in my grandpas garage and stumbled across a very old canvas rod case. I pulled it out of the corner and brushed the dust off. It is a very old Montague Sunbeam bamboo fly rod and is in very nice condition. It has no information about the rod besides the Montague Sunbeam sticker and...
  15. Oliver.Luedtke

Cool Fish Pictures

16. IMG_0962.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

17. Oliver.Luedtke

Gear Information

I use a old Orvis Battenkill, and has been my favorite reel for years.
  18. Oliver.Luedtke

Sub $100 3 wt reel?

The Orvis Battenkill is one of the best for the price. I have one and fell in love with it instantly.
  19. Oliver.Luedtke

Gear Information

What is the oldest piece of gear you use when fly fishing?
  20. Oliver.Luedtke

Oregon Golden Trout

Once I heard my grandpa say that he caught one in a high mountain lake at Mt. Hood in the 1950s. Not sure to believe him or not.