Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Don't forget our feathered friends
View attachment 45947
View attachment 45950

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No Hummingbirds in our climate but got the others fed along with fresh suet and a heated birdbath.
IMG-5931.JPG
The hanging feeder to the left drives the squirrels nuts. :ROFLMAO:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Lol - yeah, my daughter home from Cal Poly SLO is wistfully eyeballing the 73° Xmas forecast!
We were sitting outside tending the grandkids - warm and sunny. Kind of what SoCal advertises? Pretty nice. I just looked at WU forecast for Ephrata, 5F with -4F tonight. I could get used to this …..

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
We were sitting outside tending the grandkids - warm and sunny. Kind of what SoCal advertises? Pretty nice. I just looked at WU forecast for Ephrata, 5F with -4F tonight. I could get used to this …..
You getting soft in your old age ?

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm not pleased about it, but I gotta' let the fire in my fireplace die out. The ashes were getting too full in there yesterday, and I couldn't get a house temperature above 67*. (Ours is a heating fireplace with a fan.) When the roads thaw enough to drive safely, I need to go to the store for a metal bucket for ashes. I realized that all I have around here is plastic buckets. I've never had to clean out fireplace ashes before while I also wanted a fire at the same time.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
I'm not pleased about it, but I gotta' let the fire in my fireplace die out. The ashes were getting too full in there yesterday, and I couldn't get a house temperature above 67*. (Ours is a heating fireplace with a fan.) When the roads thaw enough to drive safely, I need to go to the store for a metal bucket for ashes. I realized that all I have around here is plastic buckets. I've never had to clean out fireplace ashes before while I also wanted a fire at the same time.
If you won't get chastised for misusing your kitchenware, you could use a big metal pot or glass mixing bowl. Best not to let your wife see, though.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
If you won't get chastised for misusing your kitchenware, you could use a big metal pot or glass mixing bowl. Best not to let your wife see, though.
Mrs. Salmo reminded me, it turns out, that we do have a copper bucket for just this purpose that I'd forgotten all about. Color me senile I guess. It's the bucket on the deck that I keep a bag of alder chips in for when I BBQ fish. Couldn't see the forest for the trees apparently. Anyway, I shoveled out a bunch of ashes, and got the fire going again, so we're gonna' be all warm and cozy as I burn through my firewood.