A monthly themed "contest"

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
During the lockdown, my sisters thought it would be fun if I taught them to tie over Zoom, but I said it would be pretty pricey to get them all set up with equipment and materials.
Janey said "Yeah, but after that it would be a lot cheaper to make our own, right? I mean, how much do you think you spend per fly now?"
I said "I dunno...50 bucks?"

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
During the lockdown, my sisters thought it would be fun if I taught them to tie over Zoom, but I said it would be pretty pricey to get them all set up with equipment and materials.
Janey said "Yeah, but after that it would be a lot cheaper to make our own, right? I mean, how much do you think you spend per fly now?"
I said "I dunno...50 bucks?"
Love this, but there’s a better way to do the math.

The first salmon I caught from my boat cost me $18,000. That one fish was so expensive I refuse to catch it again, and am focusing on all the free fish I now catch from the boat. All I have to pay is gas now.

Bob N

Steelhead
This reminds me... I need to start looking for estate sales of fly tiers.
Been there done that. Got a Norvise, tube adapter, 4 pounds of marabou, silver pheasant skin, and a blue eared pheasant on the last find. First one I did got a barracuda vise, a norvise, and 50, 100 packs of tiemco hooks plus two oregonizer boxes full of hooks. Don’t have much more room to store stuff.

SculpinSwinger

Grey Ghost
Forum Supporter
Been there done that. Got a Norvise, tube adapter, 4 pounds of marabou, silver pheasant skin, and a blue eared pheasant on the last find. First one I did got a barracuda vise, a norvise, and 50, 100 packs of tiemco hooks plus two oregonizer boxes full of hooks. Don’t have much more room to store stuff.
Silver pheasant skin and a blue eared pheasant skin are on my list. Score!

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
What's a good resource for finding estate sales? I don't know how people advertise these things now.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Not really sure what this pattern represents. Maybe a sculpin?
Mississippi River smallies in Minnesota seemed to like it this spring.
SF

51C5068F-8521-4014-B88B-4F470C19CEA6.jpeg