What's in your vise?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
IMG_0225.jpeg

I think I’ll take the kids out for pond stockers tomorrow. It seems like trolling little leeches works better than anything else for those fish. Fits with my kids’ attention spans, too. We are still in the “snacks are the highlight” phase so I’m still just trying to invest now for dividends later.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Not really. I've fished the commercial Smile Blade "flies" trolled on lakes and they consistently bring up big Trout. Propellers on flies have been around for along time. I'll fish this one as a chum fry for Sea Runs and see what happens.
Looks like a Pistol Pete!

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Not really. I've fished the commercial Smile Blade "flies" trolled on lakes and they consistently bring up big Trout. Propellers on flies have been around for along time. I'll fish this one as a chum fry for Sea Runs and see what happens.
Ok, my attempt at levity seems to be misplaced. I'd hoped to at least get a "and Don't Call Me Shirley" in response.

Interesting to me to see a prop fly.
🙃

RichS

Life of the Party
My first try at creating spots on the side. Semi-successful I guess but time consuming and tricky for sure.
redspot1.JPG
redspot2.JPG
Hook: Kona XSS #1/0
Tail: grizzly, yellow grizzly, olive grizzly outside of yellow and grizzly bird fur
Front legs: black barred olive silicone
Collar one: yellow grizzly rooster
Collar two: Olive over white deer
Body: olive over yellow over white deer with spot of red deer on the side
Weed guard: 20# Mason hard mono
Eyes: 6 MM from FTD

Last edited: