Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Who's this "Russ" character? I tried googling, but came up empty...I mean, I looked in the middle of the page and it appeared that there were results there to be had, but I just couldn't connect with any of them. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20240319_154450.jpg
Baker Mayfield = 5th round compensatory draft pick 2024

Carson Wentz = possible compensatory draft pick 2025

Jimmy Garoppolo = unlikely compensatory draft pick 2026 (but better option than Brett Rypien)

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Jimmy literally chokes under the blitz. He would be great on a practice squad.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Your just a ray of sunshineā€¦
Iā€™ve been an avid fan of the Raiders ever since George Blanda joined the Raiders in 1967 . ā€œ Just Win Baby ā€œ meant something back then, and the Madden years . Stabler being drafted in 1968 , my favorite QB of the Raiders to date . Good read ā€œSnakeā€ if you havenā€™t. Ya itā€™s hard these days being a ray of sunshine . I remember when the Raiders were actually fun to watch. Alzado starting a fight to get things going a bit . Their bad boy image . When Lester Hayes had enough stickum on his hands to intercept a ball five feet away .šŸ˜„

RCF

Life of the Party
I too enjoyed watching the Raiders back in their hay day.

Madden was a great coach and even better sportscaster. He truly made football very enjoyable to watch.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Once upon a time the Raiders were a tough team. The battles between Raiders and Steelers were epic. They have not won a Super Bowl in 40 years. The modern Raiders are a dim shadow of what they were in the 70s and early 80s. A game between the Raiders and Steelers in the modern era would not be on anyone's viewing list. Ownership must change for the franchise to revive.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Lots to think about if you are a defensive player trying to tackle someone if that rule is adopted.
SF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
View attachment 107495
Baker Mayfield = 5th round compensatory draft pick 2024

Carson Wentz = possible compensatory draft pick 2025

Jimmy Garoppolo = unlikely compensatory draft pick 2026 (but better option than Brett Rypien)
Apparently the great Jimmy G may be a natural thrower, but he doesn't learn too good :p Good thing he's just the back-up (where he belongs)

GO THREEPEET

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Once upon a time the Raiders were a tough team. The battles between Raiders and Steelers were epic. They have not won a Super Bowl in 40 years. The modern Raiders are a dim shadow of what they were in the 70s and early 80s. A game between the Raiders and Steelers in the modern era would not be on anyone's viewing list. Ownership must change for the franchise to revive.

I donā€™t think the younger viewers here realize what the Raiders were back with Al Davis being the owner. Now they got his dipshit son , he doesnā€™t appear to have a clue . When Al was alive Mark didnā€™t seem to have much of a role with the Raiders , now we know why .

Brute if you are old enough you know what we are talking about , if not then Iā€™ll tell you the Raiders are no where near what they were , their culture was totally different, that were a badass team . They are a shell of the teams I got to see in the 70ā€™s , and 80ā€™s. They werenā€™t doing that great towards the end of Al Davis life , when he died in 2011 , but they have been pretty much in the toilet ever since . I have high hopes with the new coach . Time will tell .

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
As a young Hawks fan it was fun to hate the Raiders back in the AFC west days.

These days I'm pretty indifferent about the silver and black

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
And to think how good Chris Jones is at the same position....yet is a distant 2nd behind Aaron Donald.
Whoā€™s done more for their team since the Rams Superbowl win ? Second behind , no argument. I guess weā€™d have to see the stats about the distance. Jones definitely has quite the impact on the Chiefs defense.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Marc Davis should be required to sell the Raiders just based on his haircut.
SF