Washington-Seattle area tolls

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
We were up in Bellingham visiting a friend, had to get back to OR for some biz, hit morning commute in Seattle...after spending large chunks barely moving, pulled into the pay lane to get the hell out of the city...and then the bill showed up in the mail a week later...friggin expensive 5 miles.

RCF

Life of the Party
We were up in Bellingham visiting a friend, had to get back to OR for some biz, hit morning commute in Seattle...after spending large chunks barely moving, pulled into the pay lane to get the hell out of the city...and then the bill showed up in the mail a week later...friggin expensive 5 miles.

Time is money so they say. Too much money in Washington so the State will toll and tax time and time again...

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Isn't a toll just a disguised taxation without representation?
Not really...some on here may have voted for those who created and took advantage of the nonsense.
Ya get what ya...

Well...ya know the sayin' ;-)

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I wonder how many times we’ve paid for the “new” Narrows bridge now??

A bit dated. I believe I read that it will be paid off in about 2032. I know I’ve paid for my part. 😂
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I think I remember they dropped the cost to go across a while back, but think you are right, still tracking for 2032.
A billion plus for the total cost w/ interest...
User fees were the big talking point in the 80's and early 90's...I remember hearing about how great they were going to be...
🤣😅🤣

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Rob you and I both know that once the government takes your money for something they are never going to voluntarily give it up once the expense is paid. They'll just say we need it for something else and we'll keep paying.....
Just look at Shitcago and NewJersey for examples

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I think I remember they dropped the cost to go across a while back, but think you are right, still tracking for 2032.
A billion plus for the total cost w/ interest...
User fees were the big talking point in the 80's and early 90's...I remember hearing about how great they were going to be...
🤣😅🤣
Tad bit of thread drift - I remember stopping at the Hood Canal toll booths and then magically, they disappeared. And then, The Storm! Open hatches and we learned that concrete is heavier than water. I had to commute from time to time from Kitsap to Jefferson on the old ferry route, I bet the residents near the "ferry" were big time haters. ;-) During that time frame when the bridge was sitting on the bottom, we usually "drove around" to go visit my mom in Port Angeles.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
And some tax cattle line up for the slaughter without any struggle at all..........

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
taxes are completely a joke...all those schools, libraries, parks, highways, local roads, sewer, water, electricity, bridges, cops, firemen, military, launch ramps, ports...they should all just magically appear without costing us a gd cent.
1709488568397.png

Last edited:

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
As y'all might know that Oregon is fighting tolls on our roads. Don't know if y'all know about Washington tolls, especially in the Seattle area: $15 tolls/segment start today in Seattle ... to drive from south of Seattle up to the north of Seattle on SR-167 and I-405 (the equivalent of our I-205) will cost $45 – that's not a typo, 3 segments x $15 per segment = $$$45
That's only in the HOV lanes. Outside of a couple bridges I don't think we have any true "toll roads". Not like you see on the east coast.

RCF

Life of the Party
taxes are completely a joke...all those schools, libraries, parks, highways, local roads, sewer, water, electricity, bridges, cops, firemen, military, launch ramps, ports...they should all just be there without having to cost a gd cent.
View attachment 105542

Not costing a gd cent? So all of them are now volunteers?

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Some people posting about tolls on this thread is another example of why I wouldn't want a jury trial.
Clueless and full of misinformation.
Juries are only as good as the data presented; even then, it’s a 50/50 crap shoot as to the interpretation (verdict). Years 2020 to 2022 proved that to be true in many ways. 😉

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
Some people posting about tolls on this thread is another example of why I wouldn't want a jury trial.
Clueless and full of misinformation.
Absolutely correct, the Lexus Tesla lanes are pay to play. However, make no mistake that both local and state bodies would love to extend that platform. One cut at a time.

RCF

Life of the Party
Driving in a toll lane is a luxury. Each of us can choose if we want that luxury.

But gasoline is a whole another story. EV's are not there yet for many of us for various reasons. And now the state is looking at charging us vehicle per mile traveled to recover the 'losses' from reduced gas usage due to EV's.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
Driving in a toll lane is a luxury. Each of us can choose if we want that luxury.

But gasoline is a whole another story. EV's are not there yet for many of us for various reasons. And now the state is looking at charging us vehicle per mile traveled to recover the 'losses' from reduced gas usage due to EV's.
Yep. Another cut. 998 to go.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party

While also jacking up the registration fees for EV's and PHEV's. DAMHIK