Another cougar attack near Snoqualmie

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Begin the cougar terror hysteria. I'd rather walk in a forest full of cougars than take a stroll in downtown Spokane.

The only dependably dangerous cougar is the old floozy sitting at the other end of the bar, winking at you with her hideously long false eyelashes.

Last edited:

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
Begin the cougar terror hysteria. I'd rather walk in a forest full of cougars than take a stroll in downtown Spokane.

The only dependably dangerous cougar is the old floozy sitting at the other end of the bar, winking at you with her hideously long false eyelashes.
Dude…. What you have described is pushing into saber tooth tiger territory… slowly back yourself out of the situation, don’t turn your back.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846

The kittens got claws…

krusty

Forum Supporter
Dude…. What you have described is pushing into saber tooth tiger territory… slowly back yourself out of the situation, don’t turn your back.
Sage advice!

If I had false teeth I'd take them out and lay them on the bar...risky move though; she might do likewise thinking I was commencing with a geriatric courtship ritual that's common to certain regions of Idaho, Florida and Appalachia.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

krusty

Forum Supporter
And isn't it about time for a shacknasties wolf thread? I miss Alex's European Superwolf threads from the old forum.

Cliff

Steelhead
There's a lot of cougars in the tree farm, also. That's where I saw my one cat. And I personally knew a Hi Laker and former fishing/hunting partner whose dog was attacked by a cougar while he was in his float tube. The dog survived, but had some pretty good punctures. Then there was that mountain biker killed by a cougar in the tree farm a few years ago.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
There's a lot of cougars in the tree farm, also. That's where I saw my one cat. And I personally knew a Hi Laker and former fishing/hunting partner whose dog was attacked by a cougar while he was in his float tube. The dog survived, but had some pretty good punctures. Then there was that mountain biker killed by a cougar in the tree farm a few years ago.

There are a lot of cougars around North Bend, Snoqualmie and Carnation. I've seen two cougars on two separate occasions in these areas. I'm glad to hear that his dog was okay. The mountain biker was killed in 2018 by a three-year old male cougar.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
That's what I was thinking. I doubt I could pin down our fat, old cat for more than 30 seconds without looking like I survived WW3.
I was on the loosing end of a house cat I was trying to pin down. Can’t imagine what it took to pin down that cougar.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
each year we have multiple cougar sightings (and an occasional missing dog), so when on a bike ride that includes a fave trail loop through the forest, I carry a micro in a belly band. And routinely thumb my anti-cougar device when approaching likely ambush sites...
1708534432799.png

krusty

Forum Supporter
each year we have multiple cougar sightings (and an occasional missing dog), so when on a bike ride that includes a fave trail loop through the forest, I carry a micro in a belly band. And routinely thumb my anti-cougar device when approaching likely ambush sites...
View attachment 104226
I regularly used a handlebar bell on my bicycle tour down the AlCan in 1999. Mostly to alert moose who love to browse in swampy roadside areas, but also bears...neither of which like to be surprised by the sudden arrival of a silent vehicle. A fair amount of bear research indicates that bears that have not been habituated to frequent human contact (usually by tourist idiots giving them treats from vehicles) most generally vamoose when they become aware of human intruders. I surprised several wolves who instantly vanished when they became aware of my presence.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter