What's in your vise?

Scottp

Legend
BH Hare’s Ear

53497762853_c469d24f8d_c.jpg

53497762858_8872a7cde8_c.jpg

53497608176_404f6e43f6_c.jpg

Building out the tailwater box with standards.

hook - Dai Riki 125 #16
thread - Uni 8/0 fire orange
tail - mottled hen
rib - small wire copper
abdomen - hare’s ear
thorax - peacock herl
head - 2.5mm hot orange

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Unless you’re someone like Charlie Craven, I’ve found calf body a bitch to work with for parachute posts; I stick with synth (Congo Hair) for ease/visibility/floatability. Interesting choice of guinea for the tail.

Regards,
Scott
Agreed. It was a terrible experience lol. Thread slippage over and over, just to have what was a healthy clump of hair turn to a toothpick.
I like the concept of all natural items, but for parachutes think I'll stick with synthetic also.
Figured the white dots from guinea would sort of mimic the grizzled nature of the hackle. Think it did to a degree.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Agreed. It was a terrible experience lol. Thread slippage over and over, just to have what was a healthy clump of hair turn to a toothpick.
I like the concept of all natural items, but for parachutes think I'll stick with synthetic also.
Figured the white dots from guinea would sort of mimic the grizzled nature of the hackle. Think it did to a degree.
Snowshoe foot makes a nice post, as do turkey flats, if you want to stay with natural materials.