What Are You Eating?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
So what did you eat after that miniscule bite?

Never seen a dish made from 2 peices of a crab knuckle before!
Actually, the entire circle under the fish roe was shredded crab…after the entire meal, including several dishes I didn’t take pics of, I was barely able to walk out of the joint…

Last edited:

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
wife made an outstanding sirloin beef stew (baby red potatos, multi colored carrots, two kinds of mushrooms, red wine, beef broth, spices..hmmm) last night along with her most excellent biscuits. Looking forward to the left overs tonight...
Mrs. Salmo made a new to us Belgian beef stew Saturday, so we had that the last couple nights. What's not to like about beef stew?

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Had dinner last night at Fish Cheek…damn good. Crab fried rice, salt & pepper wings, grilled pork cheeks, steamed branzino and a killer lobster tom yum soup…
Brute, you post some of the craziest foods I've never heard of. Who thinks up some of these dishes? Seems like something out of an acid trip.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Dungeness is my benchmark. I think of blue crab as a not very near second. How does stone crab compare? I do like key lime pie.
If you like the claw meat of Dungeness, it is similar…just more of it. Very sweet, and not cheap. Harvesting stone crabs here is usually by declawing one or both (usually one) claws as they can grow back and releasing the crab back to the water.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
If you like the claw meat of Dungeness, it is similar…just more of it. Very sweet, and not cheap. Harvesting stone crabs here is usually by declawing one or both (usually one) claws as they can grow back and releasing the crab back to the water.
For years a Keys staple. Stone crab is indeed the best and it is illegal to harvest both claws. They need one to be able to feed. A commercial crabber who harvests both is cutting his own throat.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
For years a Keys staple. Stone crab is indeed the best and it is illegal to harvest both claws. They need one to be able to feed. A commercial crabber who harvests both is cutting his own throat.
That’s what I thought in regard to one claw only…until I read a report on harvesting them. It makes no sense to me to me to harvest both claws