Backyard Wildlife

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
Got a much closer look at Uni-Buck this morning. Probably better fit on the hunting forum though.

Spoiler alert.....

IMG_20231009_145509565.jpg

Last edited:

Stimson

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Bucks don't normally show up until the day after opening day rifle season.(10/15 in Western wa.). This guy showed up a week early. He's munching apples under the tree 30' off my deck. I go out and knock down a dozen apples, chop them into small pieces and toss them around the tree. I set up a bunch of shop lights to light up the area. I just happened to get up at 1:30 this morning and he was out there. I have my camera at the ready, and I've learned to actually unlock and open the door without spooking the deer(remember I'm 30' away on my deck), so I got a bunch of pics and some video of him. The sedge was taken about 2 weeks ago. Big one. Wings were 1 1/4" long. Saw one last year as well.

Attachments

• DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 34

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
This buck was chasing after a doe who had twin yoy fawns. She was definitely NOT interested in him, but he was certainly interested in her.
BackyardBuck5907Trim.jpg
IBackyardBuck5915Trim.jpg
There had been a bigger buck or two wandering around earlier in the fall, but I haven't seen them recently.
Steve

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
Not my back yard, but pretty cool getting so close to this herd who couldn't care less we were watching them, as were others. Saw several herds on our way down to Eureka and back. One herd across the road from these had fourteen head I could see with my binos. All but two had four points or better.

The ones we saw this morning on our way back were talking a lot. Some of the herd ended up on and around the porch of the house. Picture didn't turn out of that.

IMG_20231015_165511352_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231015_165757859.jpg

IMG_20231017_090741822.jpg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Elks' Convention?