Backyard Wildlife

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I'd also say squirrel.

Jim F.

Could hear a Screech Owl this morning but No sighting/photo op.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Some species of parasitoid wasp. No color that I could see, but pretty cool iridescence.

View attachment 77833

I was stung by a black wasp in Cody Wyoming when I was 7 or 8, had immediate reaction and rushed to the hospital. I now carry an epi pen, but have never been stung by another wasp, dozens of hornets though, little basturds!

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
I was stung a few years ago by a black hornet or wasp and it was the most painful sting that I've experienced from an insect.

tkww

Steelhead
I was stung by a black wasp in Cody Wyoming when I was 7 or 8, had immediate reaction and rushed to the hospital. I now carry an epi pen, but have never been stung by another wasp, dozens of hornets though, little basturds!
I was stung a few years ago by a black hornet or wasp and it was the most painful sting that I've experienced from an insect.
I've heard that if they do sting, it's pretty painful--more so than the usual hornet/wasp sting. I guess I should be feel lucky, as the way I found this guy was by just standing there and then having something obvious start crawling up my leg. I frantically started shaking and whipping my leg, as I had no idea what was going on. It fell off--spider still in tow--and then kept dragging it across the patio and up onto the stump where it paused.

Jim F.

I followed one the other day as it dragged a Black Widow across the patio; I was hoping to see where she had built her nursery. It's amazing how quickly they can move with a large spider, wings going & crawling backwards. She disappeared under a large Arborvitae.