Backyard Wildlife

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
1685842764271.jpeg

I guess this is my bird for now. He woke me up this morning at 5:15 and walked up to my downstairs bedroom window. We said good morning to each other and then he entertained my kids and neighbors and passers-by all day. My kids named him Mike.

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
My yard is a major thoroughfare for the local deer. And because I've neglected to do some mowing and part of the yard is in shade, the locals will often doze for a while before continuing their wandering. Several bucks are growing out their antlers in preparation for the fall mating season. This looks to be the likely dominant male in the fall.
DeerBuckGrowingAntlers2698Trim.jpg
This buck is an up-and-comer.
BuckGrowingAntlersProfile2738Trim.jpg
At least two does have fawns at this point. They have been trotting through for the most part without much pause for the most part. But I did manage to catch one fawn paused.
DeerFawn2727Trim.jpg
Always a delight to have them around.
Steve

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
The local grazers keep traipsing by my office window. Here are a few of the better captures.
The light was perfect on this powerful buck.
BuckGrowingAntlers3007Trim.jpg
And the antics of the fawns as they gambol around in close proximity to the does always puts a smile on my face.
Fawn2993Trim.jpg
FawnsDoubleTrouble3001Trim.jpg
Steve

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Sorry for the pic quality - taken with my phone thru the eyepiece of a pair of binocs!
We have a family of (I think) sharp-shinned hawks living in our yard. One of the adults is feeding on a small bird on the ground, with the other apparently either playing lookout or hoping for leftovers. One of the young birds observing from a snag just above them
20230730_201808.jpg
20230730_202359.jpg
20230730_201912.jpg
20230730_202332.jpg
20230730_202345.jpg
20230730_201836.jpg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Oddly enough, I haven't seen any rabbits in our yard for some time now 🤔

That because they all moved south into my yard. 😂
Leaving here early in the morning to go fishing, I have to drive really carefully or I could fill up a bunny punchcard pretty quickly. They are everywhere.
SF