What Are You Eating?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Are these uncaptioned photos of food supposed to be a guessing game?

For us hicks, food consists of meat, starch (potatoes, rice, or pasta), and veggies. Other stuff on a plate is unidentified organic matter.
Didn’t want to confuse you with anything that might be construed as gourmet or exotic…

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I had a Seattle famous Dick's burger today.

Nothing good about it .

If I wasn't doing a job next to their bldg.....i wouldn't eat there.

Mecca cafe next door is much better and they have great music.

G_Smolt

Legend
Pakistani chicken karahi.
20230606_173545-01.jpeg

Chicken (duh), tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, dried kashmiri chiles, fresh thai chiles, coriander, cumin, turmeric, kashmiri garam masala, cilantro, green onions, salt, pepper.

Pre-faceholing, with a big-ass dollop of yogurt to prevent (or at least tone down) Scoville overload.

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
For years I have made "crumble" with cherries, apples or peaches. Today I made "cherry crumble". It's quite simple. Cut up the fresh fruit, mix it with some sugar and put it into a pyrex dish. Now its time to make the"crumble topping". Mix flour with sugar and cold butter. Add some cinnamon and nutmeg. That's it! Squish it around and add more flower or butter as needed to make it "crumbly." Crumble it over the top of the fruit and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes..... Also...you can add a small amount of cornstarch to the fruit to thicken it, but it's not necessary. Also.. you can add some chopped nuts to the crumble. Also a pinch of baking POWDER makes it lighter. Also...its best to actually freeze the "crumble" before putting over the fruit, and you can keep a ready made batch in the freezer for at least a month, making it super easy. Pie crust is hard. This is easy and can be very tasty.

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
For years I have made "crumble" with cherries, apples or peaches. Today I made "cherry crumble". It's quite simple. Cut up the fresh fruit, mix it with some sugar and put it into a pyrex dish. Now it’s time to make the"crumble topping". Mix flour with sugar and cold butter. Add some cinnamon and nutmeg. That's it! Squish it around and add more flower or butter as needed to make it "crumbly." Crumble it over the top of the fruit and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes..... Also...you can add a small amount of cornstarch to the fruit to thicken it, but it's not necessary. Also.. you can add some chopped nuts to the crumble. Also a pinch of baking POWDER makes it lighter. Also...it’s best to actually freeze the "crumble" before putting over the fruit, and you can keep a ready made batch in the freezer for at least a month, making it super easy. Pie crust is hard. This is easy and can be very tasty.
A food processor works great for making crumble topping and other simple “pastry crusts”. Mix dry ingredients with it running and then pulse in small ice cold butter cubes till coarse mealy. Oats are a good addition too in place of some of the flour, especially for the apple variety. Thanks for the inspiration, I may have to make a cherry crumble before the season passes by.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I had a Seattle famous Dick's burger today.

Nothing good about it .

If I wasn't doing a job next to their bldg.....i wouldn't eat there.

Mecca cafe next door is much better and they have great music.
I stick to the fries.