Puget Sound

Chonay

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I highly recommend it!

If it makes you feel any better, I went to a favorite little trout lake after and couldn't buy a bump!

...Until I heard a suspiciously loud splash in a shallow bay and proceeded to fool a matching pair of 2lbish LM, one on a bugger and one on top 😁
thanks, you have inspired me to hit me local bass pond today!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Took the morning off from the grind.
Very slow. Only thing to show for it was a limit of litter my girlfriend who accompanied me picked up.
SF

0726D566-28C9-4F21-93F4-8DB733DFBE97.jpeg

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I took a 3/4ths day at work to run some errands and check out a couple very local to me beaches looking for chum fry. Shit tide when I was out but got a couple. Nothing big and no chum fry spotted.

034FFD33-017C-4298-9F17-4F6469F2FFFF.jpeg

On a side note. Anyone have a beach you think should great and is just ehh or poor? That’s this beach for me. Super close and seems to have everything a good SRC beach needs but few fish, at least for me over the years.

201A73D4-BA4A-4D44-AB21-DA1A8A6705FC.jpeg

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
I took a 3/4ths day at work to run some errands and check out a couple very local to me beaches looking for chum fry. Shit tide when I was out but got a couple. Nothing big and no chum fry spotted.

View attachment 59100

On a side note. Anyone have a beach you think should great and is just ehh or poor? That’s this beach for me. Super close and seems to have everything a good SRC beach needs but few fish, at least for me over the years.

View attachment 59099
Because the majority of them got the memo that you live nearby so they relocated.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

View attachment 59100

View attachment 59099

My local is like that. Looks fishy, but just isn’t.
It is a five minute walk from my house but I rarely fish there anymore. Even though it occasionally puts out fish, I’d rather drive an hour and a half to better cutt beaches.
SF

skyrise

Steelhead

View attachment 59100

View attachment 59099
Too many to name. Would like access to a beach not far away but i am not tribal. My wife & inlaws are but Montana tribal. Do need to check my local beach for chum fry as the return numbers have gotten better the last couple of years.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
We managed to miss several fish between us along the north shore of Hood Canal yesterday. It was a gorgeous if cold day for kayaking, though, and we did encounter many small schools of unharrassed chum fry - mostly out in open water.

We later stopped to eat lunch at my friend's cabin and to fish that beach on the incoming, but as we sat there, a big pod of porpoises swam through, not 30ft off the beach right in front of us! Our phones, of course, were in the car. Very unusual to see them that far into the canal. Not surprisingly, the beach did not fish well after that...

Stopped by there this afternoon, but got chased off the beach by an incoming storm
20230326_165117.jpg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Hit the beach this morning first thing.
Got my ass kicked by about double the forecasted wind. Managed to grind out a couple grabs and one to hand, but it wasn’t really all that much fun as far as fishing conditions go.
SF

A679D09B-E125-4065-9C2D-FDFB3EB9B86F.jpeg

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
If we are bashing Natty Light, smoked searun cutthroat, and humpy fishing, then I am gone...door.....ass.....out

Smoked searun cutthroat and bashing humpy fishing? I think I’ve heard that twice now in a week.
Don’t get me Bent….. 😂
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’ve murdered a humpy. The stink stays on your soul forever :eek:.

Smoked up nice though.
Makes an awesome ingredient in dog food, too. Experimented last year with making our own dog food as part of a food-independence hobby of mine. Going all in this pink season and am going to try and fill a chest freezer with them.