Staff member
Admin

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yeah.

Okay.

View attachment 55166
Okey dokey, Ira. I’m the one who doesn’t get it.
Who’s messing with who? 😌
I type on my phone and lazily don’t always look back. If the letters I’m hitting are in the top row sometimes I hit the suggestions instead on accident. Hunk was supposed to be think.

Now back to it:
1. A midge pupae, order Diptera, is a nymph.
2. Emerger is when an aquatic nymph breaks out of their shuck at the surface of the water.
3. An emerger pattern in my opinion should match this stage of an insects life.
4. I don’t think jig nymphs are emergers.
5. Matt B is not interested in this topic.
6. Billy really wants to win one of these.
7. I want Billy to win one, or better yet I want to win and then choose “Top Water Bass” so Billy can crush.
8. I do not envy @Kfish and the choice he needs to make.

I completely agree, to bad damsels crawl up on reeds and other things to emerge. I’d still fish it as a dry.
* Too bad *. And they never get blown off the reeds? That's it. I'm tying a reed pattern next. I'm so stupid! I need my two rod still water license so I can present both patterns properly. Please stand by for an updated follow up post.
Peace

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Odd thread….. 😂
Not sure if raccoons or parachutes with a chironomid body would be considered ”emerges”.
SF

AE02F63D-2C81-4C9F-9EA6-1B8CE9E50FC5.jpeg

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
* Too bad *. And they never get blown off the reeds? That's it. I'm tying a reed pattern next. I'm so stupid! I need my two rod still water license so I can present both patterns properly. Please stand by for an updated follow up post.
Peace
Just saying that damsels don’t emerge on the water this way. They also are not really blown off the reeds either. I would, fish that beautiful creation of yours boldly and with confidence.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Stonedfish, as the resident (tongue in cheek)“expert” on such things, I would call these emerges, and why not, I’ll call them emergers as well. :)

God damn auto correct got me again!
SF

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I dunno, I think that my early Triassic period 6/0 killer midge emerger has to be in the lead here. I even added a small bubble hear the head to mimic a small bubble.... 🤷‍♂️

I mean, when these bad boys were keyed in on monster midges, they wouldn't take anything else....

51lCjgkxLqL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
What does @Taxon say? Perhaps we are suffering spending too much time indoors. :)
Perhaps some are suffering. My heart goes out to them.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but looks to me like a pupa is not a nymph. It is the difference between complete and incomplete metamorphosis.

Complete metamorphosis is a type of insect development that contains four stages that are egg, larva, pupa, and adult and the stages differ morphologically.

Incomplete metamorphosis is a type of insect development where gradual changes occur between the egg stage and the adult. It contains three stages which are egg, nymph, and adult.

1. Complete metamorphosis refers to a type of insect development where the developmental stages are different from each other morphologically, while incomplete metamorphosis is a type of development in insects where changes in their body occur gradually during their lifetime.
  2. Complete metamorphosis has four developmental stages while incomplete metamorphosis contains three stages.
  3. The complete metamorphosis contains larvae which are very active, ravenous-eating larvae, while incomplete metamorphosis contains nymphs which resembles adults.
  4. In complete metamorphosis, the exoskeleton is shed while in the incomplete metamorphosis the exoskeleton may remain throughout the lifetime.
  5. Reproductive ability is found in adults in complete metamorphosis while in incomplete metamorphosis reproductive ability is successful in some former stages.