February tying contest thread-and January's winner is:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Jeez @Kfish. Always stirring up controversy. You should have listened to me and went with “bead” for this months contest.
It seems any controversy mainly resides in one person’s mind.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I am a little curious if, according to @Irafly, Billy’s and troutpocket’s flies shown in posts 30 and 31 of this thread are “emerger” patterns?

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am a little curious if, according to @Irafly, Billy’s and troutpocket’s flies shown in posts 30 and 31 of this thread are “emerger” patterns?
Not at all, and I don’t think either of them thought they were either. They put those up there to show off some cool bugs. And they are, and they catch fish but they are clearly not emergers.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I dunno about any of the emerger stuff since I don't actually tie anything like what's being shown on this thread....

but this MCM pattern below is insane!
These threads are so fun! I think it pushes us to be more creative. I get into slumps sometimes and need a push. This is a clunky 1 of 1. Never again!
View attachment 53233

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I dunno about any of the emerger stuff since I don't actually tie anything like what's being shown on this thread....

but this MCM pattern below is insane!
I completely agree, to bad damsels crawl up on reeds and other things to emerge. I’d still fish it as a dry.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
What about an egg pattern with a blood dot indicating (see what I did there?) That it is viable and thus eventually a fry will emerge?

Or perhaps just a fry pattern with the egg sac still attached?

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
“Like Rod my patterns are more subsurface emergers...” -Billy
Good evidence of @Billy not understanding the concept. I have properly chastised him and he knows now. Even though he already knew before.

Are you still confused about what an emerger is though? I’d be happy to help clear it up for you.

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Good evidence of @Billy not understanding what he concept. I have properly chastised him and he knows now. Even though he already knew before.

Are you still confused about what an emerger is though? I’d be happy to help clear it up for you.
Ira, you are one of a kind. Bless your heart.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Ira, you are one of a kind. Bless your heart.
Matt, you do know that Billy and I are friends, right? You picked Billy and Troutpocket out and I can mess with those guys. I kinda think you don’t get it. Bless your heart.

Last edited: