Recent content by Tippet

1. T

Good news…..Bad news!

I love that lake! I have never seen the water that high there. Good luck!
  2. T

It was worth the walk!

You are very wise to do that!
  3. T

It was worth the walk!

I have had some great days on that lake. I think the other lake is Hogan Lake. I remember running into a grizzly out there once.
  4. T

10 Foot Rods

I have used 9 foot 6wt Sage RPLs for sinking lines and a 10 foot 5 wt custom made rod for indicator fishing for over 30 years, fishing lakes 20-30 days per year while working, more after retiring. Two years ago, one of my RPLs finally broke. I bought a couple of Echo Stillwater 10 foot 6...
  5. T

Blue Lake - Sinlahekin

I love lake fishing and particularly enjoy the lakes in Okanogan, Spokane, Stevens and Pend Oreille Counties, and of course in B.C. Circumstances have conspired to keep me away from Blue Lake for a few years. On a recent trip to Okanogan county lakes, my best friend and I were very surprised...
  6. T

Little Moose Lake

Great post! I'm spending the summer in Cody and will be leaving at the end of September. I caught a number of nice fish at East Newton before it got too warm. The few days I have been able to get out to a river, they looked like chocolate because of the frequent rainstorms, although I did...
  7. T

Easy-on boots for use with fins?

They are the best!!! Mine are now half boot/half Aquaseal where they are falling apart!
  8. T

Uni knots

I do 5 times for heavier tippet and 6 times for 5X to 7X tippet.
  9. T

Echo Stillwater Opinions?

I have both a 10 ft 6 wt Echo Stillwater and a 10 ft 6 wt Echo Lago. I got both last fall/early winter. I do a lot of casting with them, casting to the shoreline and stripping back as I work along the shoreline. I am a stillwater fanatic and have used both approximately 25 days since March...
  10. T

What floating line does the folks on here prefer for indicator fishing

Rio Grande in touch line - the head is one rod weight larger than the stated line size, which really helps turn over the indicator and fly/flies. I have caught hundreds of fish on my current Rio Grande line and it casts beautifully and is holding up well.
  11. T

Spring Utah Trip

Thanks!
  12. T

Spring Utah Trip

Thanks! Did you like your guides? If so, what guide/outfitter did you use? I'm looking for a good guide to use.
  13. T

Spring Utah Trip

Was it a DIY trip on the Green, or did you use I guide? I am thinking of doing a guided trip on the A and B sections of the Green in the next year, and there are a massive number of outfitters and guides.
  14. T

What is the best Mexican food in Spokane or is it just hopeless?

Without doubt, RANCHO CHICO at the Y in North Spokane is heads and shoulders above all the others. The owner, his family and long-time employees will provide great service and food, especially if you tell them that the doctor who always orders virgin strawberry margaritas for all his guests...
  15. T

The Most Important and Fulfilling Reason to Join a Fly fishing Club

My experience in my club certainly validates the fact that younger members have a more difficult time attending meetings, activities, and service projects regularly. Younger members often have less control over work schedules. They often have more competing interests such as raising a family...