Recent content by SRC&Bassbum

1. SRC&Bassbum

Cold weather layering?

I wanted to give an update to this post I made a little over a yr ago. I ended up taking some advice and getting Smartwool merino wool base layer pants and a 1/4 zip shirt. A gift card made the cost a bit easier to bear And also I got a few pairs of merino wool Farm to Feet over the calf socks...
  2. SRC&Bassbum

Public Service - Great deal on Winter Wader pants

Since we’re talking Costco finds….. I also recently found Merino wool long sleeve base layer shirts for $20. I believe it was Karbon brand. I’ve worn mine a few times and they seem to work great and are comfortable and quite a bit cheaper than other merino wool belayers I’ve seen
  3. SRC&Bassbum

The Eddie Bauer pair I have, have a side pocket zipper and a flap that covers the zipper. I don’t think this will cause a wear on the waders problem. I rarely wade past my knees anyways…. Not sure if that also would factor into that.
  4. SRC&Bassbum

I have multiple pairs of the Eddie Bauer fleece lined pants and they work great as under wader pants and also in the recent cold weather. For what they are they are much cheaper than the Simms Coldweather pants I had used before. A merino wool baselayer underneath and they work great
  5. IMG_9084.jpeg

IMG_9084.jpeg

6. SRC&Bassbum

First fish of 2024

Visited a Puget Sound beach the day after New Yrs day. Someone was home
  7. SRC&Bassbum

Bass poppers and weedguards

Did you tie this? If so can you share the recipe?
  8. SRC&Bassbum

7 wt rod and reel for bass

I’m thinking of adding a 7 wt setup for bass. I’m considering an Echo Lift, Redington Vice or Wrangler rod. Also an Echo base reel or Redington Crosswater reel. Does any one have any experience with these? I’d mostly be fishing poppers but maybe some subsurface stuff.
  9. SRC&Bassbum

Tide app?

does anyone have a tide app they use and prefer?
  10. SRC&Bassbum

6 wt trout Spey?

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll give it a try!
  11. SRC&Bassbum

6 wt trout Spey?

I am new to Spey casting and have a question. I have a 6 wt switch rod with a scandi line. Is this too big for trout Spey tactics likely fishing streamers?
  12. 0497DEC8-FFC2-4A95-982A-EFAAD09351A8.jpeg

0497DEC8-FFC2-4A95-982A-EFAAD09351A8.jpeg

13. SRC&Bassbum

I’ve been fishing within inches of Lilly pads mostly. Occasionally landing on one. Very interesting info! What you say does make sense about more hookups without a weedguards. In my early days of popper fishing I didn’t tie them with weedguards but started thinking I needed them. I’ve missed...
  14. SRC&Bassbum

Thanks for the info. I may try the 20 lb mono rather than 30 and probably abandon the double weedguards. Catching bass on poppers is a ton of fun!
  15. SRC&Bassbum

I’ve fished poppers for bass the past 2 summers with quite a bit of success. My fly tying skills of tying these has improved as well. I’ve been adding single 30 lb mono and more recently double mono weedguards. My hookup success rate with the double mono weedguards seems worse lately. Just...