Recent content by speedbird

1. speedbird

Little Update

Congratulations!
  2. speedbird

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

Didn’t know that hatchery deer were a thing, did they clip the tails ;)
  3. speedbird

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

Pretty sure the deer already are in popular recreation areas? Does this warrant removing them?
  4. speedbird

Bizarre Elongated Fins on Rainbow Trout

I kinda wanna invest in a 500 gallon chilled tank with current just to keep that sucker. If I find a genie my 3 wishes will be 1) Catch one. 2) Catch another. 3) successfully breed a population of Fancy Rainbows to sell at exuberant prices
  5. speedbird

Dog Bite On Waders

Did a online Drs appointment, they said with no blood draw and no direct contact I should be good. Things can get scary quick
  6. speedbird

Dog Bite On Waders

I couldn't tell you but it looked like some sort of terrier mix
  7. speedbird

Dog Bite On Waders

He let go before I had the chance, fucker nipped at me for just a second then had the nerve to growl
  8. speedbird

I read somewhere that this is a rare recessive allele but I do have to concur with @Smalma that every example of fantailing I see is accompanied with severe fin damage
  9. speedbird

Dog Bite On Waders

I think he got spooked because me and my buddy caught up to him too quickly. We stopped so I could show him how to carry a fly rod butt forward and the dog stopped with us, he bit me when I walked past him. Probably would never happened if the lady kept him on a damn leash, which I made sure she...
  10. speedbird

Dog Bite On Waders

First off, I am not using this forum for medical advice and am contacting a doctor tomorrow morning. I was hiking to a river today when someones unleashed little shiteating dog entirely unprovoked jumped up and snapped its jaws on my knee. I stupidly did not get information from the owner...
  11. speedbird

A Dangerous Time of Year for Wading....

Probably should have seen this post in the morning before deciding to trek waist deep across the Middle Fork Snoqualmie :ROFLMAO:
  12. speedbird

Check out this post. Those fins almost resemble those of an arctic grayling! I wonder if the mutation that produced these is what eventually created arctic grayling. I also wonder if one day in the distant future this mutation will be more prevalent
  13. speedbird

Comment by 'speedbird' in media 'IMG_5023.jpeg'

Mind if I ask what you tied these with? The top one especially is gorgeous. I see diamond braid, rubber legs, and I think hackle feathers? I'd love to try these out, I'd like to see how it fished behind a flasher and experiment with a jiggy version of the beach
  14. speedbird

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

I eat blue rare steaks twice a day in the hopes of being half as masculine as Jim Travers
  15. speedbird

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

Has Jim been acquainted with those San Juan Pike?