Smalma's latest activity

• S
    Smalma replied to the thread Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee.
    No- This time of the year (water temps in the low to mid 50s) it is not uncommon to see schools on the surface and those fish can be...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread Eels.
    I suspect those "slime eels" would be ling cod candy, but fortunately the ocean ling cod fishery is robust one does need to mess with...
  • S
    My experience has been those dense schools are often the younger fish (1 to 3 years olds). Kokanee are kind of goofy in that typically...
  • S
    Be warned before going down that kokanee rabbit hole. Collecting kokanee gear can be as addictive as tying more chironomid flies. My...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread 2024 NOF.
    skyriver- My read on the news release and what came out of NOF freshwater season the only sea-run fishing will be on the Snohomish...
  • S
    A great quote indeed showing the need for an open mind for anyone looking in depth at a resource. Does their findings and reporting...
  • S
    Matt B - Thanks for the link! I don't know when it comes to looking at western North American genetic structuring whether that it was...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread River Snorkeling with Cutthroat.
    Have not done any in more than 25 years but it was always great to get close and in person with a school of our salmonids. Hands down...
  • S
    The river lamprey while smaller (about 1/2 the size) than its cousin the Pacific lamprey is a pretty interesting critter. Like the...
  • S
    The fish had spend considerable time in a hatchery (some sort of jumbo or brood fish) also had grown significantly once released in the...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread Stillie gamefish opportunities..
    SkyRunner in post #73 you questioned "...the state's ability to conduct the various fisheries monitoring it has agreed to..." The state...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread Got any bird pics?.
    Teh osprey's meal is indeed a peamouth, one of our native minnow species. Seeing large numbers of those fish in a small creek in the...
  • S
    Recently received from Region IV WDFW enforcement staff; in 2023 on the Stillaguamish/NF/SF there were 67 tickets written and 39...
  • S
    The tribe has not been an enthusiastic about freshwater fishing seasons and have demanded monitoring of any such fisheries. This is...
  • S
    Smalma replied to the thread WA non-profits trout related..
    In the Everett area there two organizations that the Evergreen Fly fisher's conservation committee support O.R.C.A. - Ocean resource...