Recent content by Salter Lee

1. Salter Lee

Another Winter Project - Phillipson 7-1/2' 5 wt "MF76L" aka "Two-Toned Casting Machine"

I think that two tone looks pretty dang good IMO. Also nice rebuild on the reel seat. I love a rod that has a unique look and casts even better.
  2. Salter Lee

FS Salmon / Striper/ Roosterfish Beach Lines (SA, Cortland, Rio, Monic)

@Wetswinger - Yes! I forgot about Roosters in Baja. It would be an ideal stick for that purpose.
  3. Salter Lee

@Matt B the funny thing was I was fishing a crab pattern for bass out here. He was pissed and basically knew exactly how he could even the score. It was pretty funny, but I'm out a hundred dollar line lol.
  4. Salter Lee

Howdy, it's already time to start fussing with striper gear and lines (I know because I already have) and start dreaming about spring migration. There's a lot of overlap between fishing the beaches here for stripers to fishing the beaches in the PNW for salmon. (i.e. All these lines are made for...
  5. Salter Lee

FS Fiberglass Single Handers - All Sold

Howdy, Lots of sales history over on SpeyPages and on the bamboo & glass forums. Just upgraded to a paying member here. I find myself with too many glass and bamboo rods to fish, so I'm moving a few along. Price is via PayPal G&S and includes PayPal fees and shipping CONUS. Not looking for any...
  6. Salter Lee

FS Quickline 7 wt 11 ft Switch Rod $325

FYI - that's a Pac Bay blank called a "Quickline" not a blank from Guideline in Scandinavia.
  7. Salter Lee

Granger Victory?

Great looking 8642. I've had a few and love them with a DT5 loaded on a Hardy Princess. I had experimented in the past with a heavier reel to fully balance to the cork, but found it kind of dampened the action too much. A little bit above the cork and it's a wonderful lively 5wt. Enjoy!! Great...
  8. Salter Lee

Any BOO fans out there?

I was going to mention Ryan White as well: https://www.instagram.com/whitesguidingcompany/?hl=en
  9. Salter Lee

New Definitions...

Great POV and thanks for sharing Mike. Powerful stuff.
  10. Salter Lee

Spey on The Beach

@BeeKay415 I have the 7/9 so the grain window is 450-525 I have some Rio Outbound 12wt lines and Beulah Serum which is designed for these types of rods. Also the Ambush Neutralizer gets up into the 400 grain range. Additionally if I'm using tips then that will be an additional 100 grains or so...
  11. Salter Lee

SOLD Abel Super 4 Rose Gold w/ Handle Upgrade

I’ve had quite a few Abel reels and this might be the nicest. I don’t have a rod to pair it with and have some other purchases to make so I’ll move it along. The color is a rose gold / bronze color with aluminum handle upgrade. Comes with Abel pouch. Looks to have been mounted on a reel seat...
  12. Salter Lee

Dismal Gulch Revisited

Nice photos. Great report.
  13. Salter Lee

Coated Running Line Crowd - solution?

People rave about the GSP shooting line from Monic. I think it's the next one I'm going to try.
  14. Salter Lee

Favorite Fly Shops

I like to support All Points Fly Shop out here in South Portland, Maine. Josh and Joe are both very creative fly tyers, really good people and are always helpful with tips for both fishing and tying. It's a very small shop, but it's packed with good stuff for all levels (from TnT to TFO). Josh...
  15. Salter Lee

Floating line for bass bugs?

@Josh I don't love they way the overhead cast compared to other lines mentioned, but if you're roll casting from a canoe or kayak (especially sitting down) they work well.