Recent content by O clarkii lewisi

1. O clarkii lewisi

Awesome Dogs of PNW

Silly Golden.... Cedar as an adult awesome dog. Her puppy pictures are in post 176. Super smart, super sweet! Backdrop is part of this years garlic crop!
  2. O clarkii lewisi

Stillwater Article - Pt. 4 Posted

Thank you Tim!! Dang, who is the handsome fly fisher in the first image (picture perfect postcard image)! 🏆
  3. O clarkii lewisi

Green Chorominoids.?

Absolutely, tie some up! At times a small olive is up there on the list for me. All shades of green - including lime green. Gotta have 'em. Plus the Bleeding Limey is just a cool name. :giggle: https://flyguys.net/fly-patterns/chironomids/bleeding-limey-chironomid-pupa
  4. O clarkii lewisi

Christmas (Holiday) Dinner - poll

We are doing grass fed rib eyes and a filet w/ oven roasted vegetables, followed by lipitor for desert! ;) I almost never have steak so splurged on the good stuff and looking forward to it and hope that I don't F it up on the wood grill. I am thinking 4 - 6 minutes per side on for the rib eye...
  5. O clarkii lewisi

The Fly Fisher in Olympia Is No More

Damn, Fly Fisher Lacey was my shop too. :cry: I enjoyed every interaction with Bjorn and bought my last Echo from him. He did alot of custom fly tying for fishing all over the planet and I hope that he maintains that as his gig. Will miss the shop and him. I maintain that Bjorn Beech is...
  6. O clarkii lewisi

SFR Vevor Chamber Vac Experience

Anyone have experience with Anova vac sealers? These look like a good alternative to F Savers. I was going thru a food sealer brand unit per year ish and got tired of throwing them out and replacing them. Much smaller counter top unit, not in the chamber vac realm...
  7. O clarkii lewisi

Butchering your own animal

And a better workout on the haul out! ;)
  8. O clarkii lewisi

Holiday Lake Fly Assortment (Attractor Patterns) available

I'm in. Thanks Paul and happy holidays!
  9. O clarkii lewisi

Butchering your own animal

Nice work @Billy. Just curious about how many pounds of meat do you get off of a doe?
  10. O clarkii lewisi

NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Pretty decent deals on Jackery portable power stations and solar. Good reputation for their stuff per @iveofione and some of the larger units are 50% off. Good time to buy if you've been eyeing these like I have! 🤑 https://www.jackery.com/pages/black-friday
  11. O clarkii lewisi

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Shawn - Happy Thanksgiving and best to you, your family and lovely wife. Lunching w @Scott Salzer and a Kraken win! What a pre Turkey day! Can the sweater logo be identified as Kraken or does the beard hide it? ;)
  12. O clarkii lewisi

NFR Found some matsutake up in the Cascades

@Starman77 - ok you inspired me to go foraging at my local co-op! It is sorta cheating but I had to try them and they have lovely fresh matsus for $18/#. A deal in my book to try them. I sliced some larger matus and seared in butter and canola, w just a bit of garlic. I salted after each...
  13. O clarkii lewisi

Les Johnson's Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout

I guess that I should start a Les thread but I will add this here. I was fortunate to get to know Les from the Swallows Nest in Seattle back in the 90s. We hit it off and fished together some. He took me to Lenice and the pot holes just to poke around. I commented that it was a long way to...
  14. O clarkii lewisi

2023 Garden Thread

Well done Shawn and Laura!!! (y)
  15. O clarkii lewisi

2023 Garden Thread

We stop watering our tomatoes at the end of July or so. It takes discipline because at this time of year, I think summer will last forever. This lets them know to step up the fruit ripening. I trim any blossoms at this time too. Then in about 3 weeks will get LOTS of ripe tomatoes and the...