Recent content by Mike Ediger

1. Mike Ediger

C. WA Lake Report

Great report @James St. Clair ! Well done!
  2. Mike Ediger

Coffee Pot

Buzzy is right. It is generally a south wind, and it is not your friend. If there is wind in the forecast and you are in a tube, I would look for other waters.
  3. Mike Ediger

Go to lake fly?

The 95% idea is really interesting. Probably my most productive fly is a black bunny leach (moving or stillwater). It is simple, one of the first flies I learned to tie, caught my first fish on a fly i tied (6lb broodstock, which ruined me for a long time) and catching fish on it early was...
  4. Mike Ediger

Cuttie Extravaganza

Beautiful setting at the base of the hills for sure!
  5. Mike Ediger

CP

Based on that fourth pic, it doesn't look as bad as some years.
  6. Mike Ediger

CP

I love everything about this! From the drive through the country, to the fish, to the lack of wind :giggle:!
  7. Mike Ediger

Lake craft recommendation

My Scadden Escape is the best frameless inflatable I have used. As Wayne said, all different types have their place. But for what you describe my favorite has been a Bucks Southfork. Deck on the back for stuff, able to mount electronics if you wish, can fin around, add a padded seat and your...
  8. Mike Ediger

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

Looks great! Thread and epoxy work is really clean!
  9. Mike Ediger

Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Hmm, I put them on the top and bottom so I get them from both sides. :LOL:
  10. Mike Ediger

Roaming around central WA

Outstanding. Well done Billy! Thanks for the pictures. I love that landscape.
  11. Mike Ediger

LMQ

This is cool! My daughters first fly rod was the top section of a 8' 4wt 2pc graphite rod, and built with all components I just had laying around. It was actually kind of fun to play with, and I didn't worry about her breaking it. I think it is still out in the garage somewhere.
  12. Mike Ediger

Oregon Coastal report

Great pictures. I love seeing coastal rivers and streams and miss them. I grew up in Tillamook, and have fished my whole life. Oddly, I and can't recall a single friend or person ever targeting steelhead. Lots of people including my father would target salmon when they were running, but I...
  13. Mike Ediger

Kind of the consensus I have heard as well. I will report, but it will be a couple weeks. Holler through pm if I forget.
  14. Mike Ediger

I will be building a 10' 4wt and 10' 5wt on this blank as well but won't pick them up for a couple weeks. I look forward to hearing what you think.
  15. Mike Ediger

Elk River?

And they sometimes inhale a hooked 12-14" cutthroat!!! Walking or floating, keep a 7-8wt rigged up with something big and white or shiny for sure. If a bull slashes at the cutty you are fighting have someone else immediately throw the streamer. That pissed off bull will come back to hit the...