Recent content by Mark Yoshida

1. Mark Yoshida

What are you listening to?

Went to Jazz Alley last night to listen to the great Peter White and Vincent Ingala on saxophone. What a excellent venue and show
  2. IMG_0636.png

IMG_0636.png

3. Mark Yoshida

NFR Any Guesses What These Mean?

Thanks for info. I went to their website and entered my address and it came up as not found. i have lived here since 1986 and never seen any cable company dig or ask. All our communication lines appear to be overhead. Curious as to what they found and marked as being underground in a dead end alley.
  4. Mark Yoshida

My neighbor just texted me she is having her gas line updated and they also had to find the utilities and communication lines. I had no idea that any communication lines would be buried in my alley. I guess it’s good to always call before digging like the TV commercial says.
  5. Mark Yoshida

Yeah, I thought maybe someone on here might work in this field. We have a large diverse group of people. It just seemed to be in an odd place being just outside of my property line in a dead end alley.
  6. Mark Yoshida

The longer I look at it Two guys riding a tandem bike
  7. Mark Yoshida

Found these in my back alley in front of my truck. Not sure which neighbor, but assume it’s utility markings? No flags I can see. Just wondering if anyone know the meaning.
  8. IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

9. Mark Yoshida

2023 Garden Thread

Has anyone grown sweet potato slips? When did you start them in the year for planting in Seattle? I read and watched some Youtube videos but unsure how long the slips take before planting in the ground. I know they are tropical and like the heat. I have not seen slips sold either and are...
  10. Mark Yoshida

2023 Garden Thread

Planted about 150 garlic on Monday and this morning I found about a dozen dirt piles where something dug around. I saw a squirrel running across the bed. Not sure he ate or just buried something. The lil shits made a mess. Gonna put some wire mesh over them till they sprout. Never had that issue...
  11. Mark Yoshida

Slip-Ring Penetrating Anchor

ATTWOOD 10lb. Slip-Ring Penetrating Anchor Pickup in S Seattle
  12. Mark Yoshida

Red 1.5 KG (3 lb) Grapnel Anchor

Red 1.5 KG (3 lb) Grapnel Anchor found at a lake years ago. Pickup in S Seattle only
  13. Mark Yoshida

2023 Garden Thread

So I planted a bed of gladiolus this year and now almost all have bloomed. I read you should cut back the leaves, but when? Do you have to dig up the corms or can you just leave in the ground over winter on the west side of WA? I was thinking of putting down some straw for mulch/insulation. I...
  14. Mark Yoshida

A thread about minor boat trailer upgrades.

Of course I don’t know the size and weight of your boat, maybe build a cheap dolly cart out of wood. I put wheels on mine when I worked on my trailer so I could move it to reload on the trailer. Or borrow a friends trailer .
  15. 70018352707__C2A278A3-C6B9-4F4A-992F-1F1FD2CE2EC4.jpeg

70018352707__C2A278A3-C6B9-4F4A-992F-1F1FD2CE2EC4.jpeg