Recent content by JackJester

1. J

Interior BC patterns?

I spend a lot of time in BC in the summer and I always have 2 rods rigged up with: 1) a Ruby Eyed Leech and 2) an ice cone chronomid black body red rib. I start with these patterns and vary the sizes based on the lake and weather and the hatches I see. If these patterns don't work I switch to a...
  2. J

Books to find Washington State Small Trout

Ha!. I have all of Doug's and Dave Shoretts guide books and used them often and wrote trip reports in the legends. I went to Mildred lakes in the OP way back in the late 90s after reading the books. Dragged my wife up there with the dogs. It was a brutal climb and it was early July and the...
  3. J

Prop upgrade for electric trolling motor

Hey folks. Sorry if this has already been posted. I stumbled upon this info on the FlyBC site. You can replace your Minn Kota prop with an RC airplane prop. And this guy on a youtube video measured Amps and speed and shows it to be way more efficient and faster...in a pseudo scientific test...
  4. J

the Mother of Canyon River trouts

Very Nice. Can you follow up with a video of you tying that Pig Caddis fly? Very Stimulator-like, and I could probably get close, but would love to see your take on it. Would be a great Montana fly for hopper season ...when they have seen too many hopper flies.
  5. J

Legacy Lodge BC

Hello Folks, Does anyone have experience with Legacy Lodge: https://www.legacylodge.com/ My wife wants to experience the Great Bear Rainforest and see bears and whales. And we both would love to C&R a bunch of Coho in calm waters. My wife gets seasick so calmer waters are preferred...
  6. J

Rooftop "Rear Boat Loader"?

I have some good experience here. I have one...the same one in Bryans first pic. I go to BC a lot to fish and saw them often up there. I researched places in the US to get it and Eide came up; this was about 5 years ago. I ordered one from them and had to do the install myself. A major...
  7. J

Hoppers

Thank You Kmudgn. I'm tying up some Unsinkableetles for my Montana trip in Sept. I usually fish stimulators or hopalators exclusively but sinking in the fast narrow streams i go to can be annoying. This is the recipe I found: