Recent content by hiddentalus

1. H

Sheridan Lake BC Rookie

Sport fishing on the fly show at Sheridan fishing leeches in the fall:
  2. H

Kamloops boat option

This website can be helpful to see what the wind is going to do and plan the day of fishing around: https://www.windy.com/?50.562,-120.546,5
  3. H

Kamloops boat option

I live in Kamloops. Small boats are generally all that is needed if you watch the weather on larger lakes and don't get stuck on the opposite end of the lake from the boat launch with a good stiff wind. Pick low wind days to fish larger lakes. All I have is a 10 ft Lowe with a Mini Kota and...
  4. H

Blobs

Ian Barr Two Tone UV Ghost Candy works where I live with a UV pearl krystal flash tail. 90544959_10218194234862287_1570186188822675456_o_06.jpg
  5. H

Casting Long Leader Indicator Rigs

I find the same as Buzzy. A little wind drift sometimes works better than hanging straight down or a very slow retrieve after the drift can bring on a bite.
  6. H

Casting Long Leader Indicator Rigs

In addition to what has been said, perhaps try a floater that is made for indicator fishing or use a floater that is one or two weights heavier than your rod. Flopping it out there is about all I can do with over 20 ft of leader. If there is moderate wind and you are fishing in 20 ft you may...
  7. H

FlyTyingForum

Thank you everyone for the updates. Sad to see it go.
  8. H

FlyTyingForum

Hi, Anyone know what's up with the FlyTyingForum website? Is it down for maintenance? Thanks
  9. H

Raingear for Alaska

Used to work on a boat all summer for many summers and the jackets that keep you dry are made out PVC or polyurethane, i.e Helly Hansen, Grundens. A very good and expensive 3 layer goretex jacket will work if it is clean but will wet out eventually in heavy downpours. I would bring your gortex...
  10. H

First aid kit

Please be careful mixing drugs in the same baggie particularly a narcotic as easy to mix them up in the event of an emergency or if someone else/child accesses the baggie. Just a note that the medical evidence has shown Tylenol #3 is not any more effective in managing pain than ibuprofen of...
  11. H

Interesting Split Shot Thought??

Reminds me of when we used to trap prawns near Victoria. You were allowed two prawn traps on a line and we used to fish two lines/4 traps. The trap furthest from the float on a line with the smallest float caught the most prawns by far consistently over many weeks of fishing. We ended up...
  12. H

Interesting Split Shot Thought??

On lakes indicator fishing my guess is split shot will slow down motion on the fly (in addition to keeping the fly at dept) which sometimes is a good thing and sometimes not. I will consider using a spilt shot under an indicator when it is windy and I want to fish relatively deep or when the...
  13. H

Prescription Sunglasses

I have ordered prescription photochromic sunglasses from here twice (sport lenses) and have been happy with the quality: https://www.opticus.com
  14. H

SFR SOLD- Bigfoot 2500 series, 21’ Rear Bed Trailer

Nice trailer. We have a 19 ft Escape and like the separate shower in your Bigfoot.
  15. H

DIY Flybox?

Cigar box and sill plate foam.