Recent content by fkajwg

1. fkajwg

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

Yes. The body should be gray and tied thin. https://charliesflybox.com/blogs/step-by-step-tutorials/sparkle-dun Jay
  2. fkajwg

OK, I’ll confess, there was one day on Leech when they were taking Callibaetis and my sparkle duns, and then later they were refusing my fly even though the real bugs were still around. I switched up to a leech, caught a fish, and sampled it. It was now eating little antish/waspy things. So...
  3. fkajwg

My 2 patterns for hatching Callibaetis on the left, and two good midge emergers on themright.
  4. IMG_9941.jpeg

IMG_9941.jpeg

5. fkajwg

My experience has been that parachute Adams work sometimes just fine, but may be refused at other times. I’ve settled on sparkle dun in gray as an emerger taken without hesitation or refusal, and similarity, a gray cripple. 14 or 16. Jay
  6. fkajwg

Solar Eclipse April 8th 2024

Greensburg IN. High thin clouds and jet trails. Jay
  7. IMG_8714.jpeg

IMG_8714.jpeg

8. image4.jpeg

image4.jpeg

9. image1.jpeg

image1.jpeg

10. fkajwg

NFR Got any mammal pictures

And now multiple species of orca are likely. Interesting! https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/feature-story/new-research-reveals-full-diversity-killer-whales-two-species-come-view-pacific-coast Jay
  11. fkajwg

Got any bird pics?

The last shot catches the act, and in addition to showing the hood in profile, reveals how it uses its tail to push down on the water to help raise it up for the dive, which I did not know. Good shot! Jay
  12. fkajwg

Got any bird pics?

very cool that you got the olive in the beak and pictures in the olive tree setting. I took my visiting daughter around locally for some "nature" a couple of days before christmas. at WE Johnson Park at the usual spot we saw up to a couple of dozen bluebirds. Gray day, low light, high ISO long...
  13. Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.37.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.37.37 PM.png

14. Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.38.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.38.16 PM.png

15. Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.38.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 3.38.57 PM.png