Recent content by EddieFrank

1. EddieFrank

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

Big shout out to @flybill who took time out of his busy Saturday yesterday to stop by the Snoqualmie and help me tune my cast! You're an all-star, Bill. I may hold off a bit on the next rod and work out what I can with what I've got. We also got to meet Dec Hogan which was pretty cool. Tightest...
  2. EddieFrank

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

Alright guys, you're all amazing and helpful, clearly I've got a to work on. The generosity of time (and material) of this community totally rocks!
  3. EddieFrank

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

Guys, you've given me a lot to think about, I really appreciate it! I'm going to pound the pavement to a couple local shops and see what I can try out, but it really helps to have a few starting points. @Jake Watrous I will PM you when I'm next heading out to the beach and maybe I can find you...
  4. EddieFrank

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

I've been bopping around with a mid-range 4wt for streams (Sage Foundation) and a 6wt (Sage Salt, that I bought locally from a very nice forum supporter (that other forum)) for the last couple of years. My shoulder isn't getting any younger which is why a day on the beach with the Sage Salt is...
  5. EddieFrank

Puget Sound

I had no idea bulls lived in Puget Sound so when I went to look it up I came across this, FYI:
  6. 1683587780563.png

1683587780563.png

7. EddieFrank

Puget Sound

Got out on Friday to a mid-sound beach. The sun was warm but the N. wind was fierce so I spent the whole time facing south and fried my casting wrist where I missed with the sunscreen (PSA: Early May sun is just as UV-strong as late July sun!). Just a few small guys to hand on a fry pattern when...