Recent content by Dblhaul

1. D

NF CDA - mid October

The way the weather is holding it should be very good all October.
  2. D

For us dog lovers

If dogs don't go to Heaven, I don't want to go either.
  3. D

Yakima Waders, it is time

Floated the canyon form Bighorn to Reds yesterday. Yes, flows are down and did notice a few waders out there that know the river because they were on the gavel bars that are first exposed. Hope they had a good day, we did fishing to the bank.
  4. D

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Herkileez Dana's staff showed up today. He will be here next week to test it out. Thanks!
  5. D

Other Hobbies?

Been doing my best to play guitar for the past 53 years, I don't think I'll ever figure it out. *G*
  6. D

First Fly that you tied and Caught a Fish With

Carey Special; rainbow trout.
  7. D

Solar Panel Trickle Charger?

I have a 100W Renogy system for my RV, running two 6V golf cart batteries. I will run down the charge a bit in the evening running lights and heater. It will be fully charged by noon the next day.
  8. D

What are you listening to?

For a guitar player that only had three fingers on his left hand he is quite well. LOL
  9. D

Favorite Fly Line Manufacturer

I still enjoy my Wulf triangle taper lines after 35 years of using them. SA came out with their "Trout" taper a few years ago that was close. For subsurface lines I tend to get SA.
  10. D

Dry Fly Photo Essay

what rod is that?
  11. D

Camping Along the St. Joe

Turner Flat, Tin Can Flat and Conrad Crossing are FS campgrounds (fee) up the road from Avery. They all seem to get enough Forest Service vehicles driving thru to discourage theft. They charge $15.00/night.
  12. D

The Most Important and Fulfilling Reason to Join a Fly fishing Club

I joined a club a few years back, it took a lot of time just to get to the meetings, they had a great history of doing great work and restoration projects. Now, not so much. Now that I have retired I would be more interested in club events. As it is, I travel to fish and enjoy life.
  13. D

One of my most fun day's on the Yak! 8 years ago!

Sounds like a great day! One it is apparent you will remember for a long time. I floated and fished with Mr. Lease quite a few times, sometimes on days when he had no trips booked he would call and let me know what launch he would be waiting for me when I got off of work. Good times indeed. He...
  14. D

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Great wading staff, It has saved me from a few stumbles. Well built, easy to use and the pieces don't stick. I use a HD walking cane rubber tip with a washer in it and the tip has been holding up great.