Recent content by Bob N

1. B

vices?

What you have with the Price vise is a base clamp that can hold on 1/8 thick material or the ubiquitous forest service table that is 6 inches thick.
  2. B

What's in your vise?

That’s a good example, Except the hook he is asking about and showing is a jig hook.
  3. B

Regal Vise

Buzzy, take a look at the jaws end of the vise hood, there may be cracks that weaken the jaws. I've had a couple of jaws over the past 30 + years that had this problem. Sent them back to Regal, used to be free but you can get a replacement set of jaws for $50. Their web site has all the mailing...
  4. B

NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

I had several young tyers stop by and ask good questions. I also had an “older” lady that claimed she couldn’t learn how to tie because she was old and her hands hurt. I expect to see her next year showing some flies.
  5. B

Good scheduling, I can watch you both times !
  6. B

Heading west tomorrow, tying middle session both days. Been at the show every year and tying all but two, thanks to Alec Jackson. It’s a long ways from Spokompton.
  7. B

Blob Flies!

How about these
  8. 4AD06486-BAFB-4BEB-A059-2AF8EA8440C9.jpeg

4AD06486-BAFB-4BEB-A059-2AF8EA8440C9.jpeg

9. B

What's in your vise?

Try dubbing wax on your fingers, it gives you better traction. Another thing to do is sparse amounts of ice dub, like you would do for a dry fly that way you’ll get better traction on the dubbing,
  10. B

What's in your vise?

All bead manufacture‘s seem to have runs where the hole is smaller. Never seen the production but it happens. Try that bead on a smaller hook, it might fit but would not look good.
  11. B

Favorite Chironomid Hooks?

Daiichi 1150, 1760. Both heavy wire.
  12. B

Ilwaco fire today

That looks like the old Bumblebee plant
  13. B

Just leaving this here - not to start anything

Not balmy on the east side, started at 1 now up to a toasty 4, with wind chill below 0.
  14. B

Lafontaine's yarn?

Check with Al and Gretchen Beatty, they worked with Gary for quite a while.